Attack

Iris's Pov

The next morning I awoke before anyone else and made a bit of breakfast with some fish.

I woke up Hiccup who had slept down in the clearing with Toothless as I took the food to Valka's cave.

Her cave was not like mine as it was carved out of rock by whispering deaths.

I woke up Valka and we chatted a bit while eating breakfast. Hiccup came in and I gave him his breakfast before heading back to my cave to entertain myself.

I found my sketchbook and decided to go to the ledge on one of the pillars and draw the sanctuary. I had gone to the ledge many times before to draw and I had found a way to swing across from the one nearest my cave to it.

I put my drawing supplies in my satchel and swung it around my neck before carefully making my way on the path to the pillar.

I grabbed the vine, took a deep breath, and jumped. I swung down close to the ground right in front of Toothless who was licking his paws and made him jump as I swung by.

I concentrated as I came close to my destination and grabbed the vine connected to it.

I held onto the vine from my pillar as I climbed up the other one to get to the ledge that was just above me.

I sat down on the ledge not too long later and tied my vine to the other before bringing out my drawing supplies. I started drawing when I heard a grunt from below me.

I looked down to see Toothless looking up at me with astonishment and curiosity. I chuckled and waved before getting back to drawing.

It had been a few hours and I had successfully finished 3 drawings. I started on my fourth when I heard Hiccup talking down below.

I couldn't hear what he was saying but I didn't bother to find out. I was surprised when I saw movement out of the corner of my eye from down below that wasn't a dragon or Hiccup.

I looked down and widened my eyes when I saw Stoick creeping up behind Hiccup and putting his hand over Hiccup's mouth so he wouldn't make any sound.

I could only just hear what they were saying but I knew by what Gobber, who had come out from Valka's exit cave, was signing that they wanted to leave.

I watched as the three went back through where Gobber had come although Hiccup was reluctant.

Toothless stopped at the hole and turned his head to look at me. I nodded slightly and he turned back around.

He had to try a few times before he tilted his head and went through the hole.

I knew I should probably follow so I quickly packed my stuff away and grabbed my vine.

I swung from the pillar and successfully landed on the ground. I ran to the shortcut that came up behind Valka's cave and soon came to the ledge above where the Sanctuary ice ended and rock started and where there seemed to be a small reunion going on.

Valka and Stoick just saw each other for the first time in 20 years and everyone was a bit teary.

Valka lead them all to her cave and I followed through the ice tunnel that was above theirs.

Valka started cooking some lunch as they all reunited and told of what was new. Valka and Stoick sang a song that I remembered from my own parents and Gobber tried to join in although he failed.

Valka spotted me at one point and looked at me questioningly. I guess she could read my eyes and shake of my head so she let it go.

The Vikings and dragon below me continued their reunion until we all felt the Sanctuary shake. I looked out the holes in the ice that let light in from the heart of the Sanctuary.

I widened my eyes as I saw all the dragons flying around in slight panic. Valka scurried through the tunnels towards the opening on a giant ice spike.

I watched as the others followed and waited for them to come back. They were all shaken with disbelief as they came back.

Valka looked at me with wide eyes and mouthed the one name I dreaded most. Drago.

I immediately took action. I surprised Stoick, Gobber, and Hiccup when I jumped down from my perch and without a word, ran towards the heart of the Sanctuary.

Another shake went through the Sanctuary as I climbed up my pillar to my cave. I almost lost my grip on the vine but held tight and clung on as pieces of ice rained down on me.

There was now a large hole in the roof of the sanctuary and dragons that could fit through were flying out in panic.

I climbed the rest of the way up to my cave and quickly grabbed my sword and staff.

I called for Storm, Zip and Zap, and Bolt. I knew Shock and Shot had already swam out of the Sanctuary and were probably far away from it with their pack.

I mounted Bolt and flew towards Valka and the rest who had just mounted their own dragons.

Stoick and Gobber didn't recognize me because of my mask and armor but Valka reassured them that I wasn't a threat.

Another shake went through the Sanctuary and the hole widened even more.

Valka and I nodded at each other before we all flew up in the air and out of the Sanctuary to meet the fleet of ships outside.