sick

i woke up with a coughing attack which eventually turned into a sneezing attack. my head was aching and i felt like i was going to throw up. what a great way to start my saturday morning.

colby wasn't in bed but i heard the water running in our bathroom.

i tried to fall back asleep, but with no luck, i sat back up. i heard the door handle move and i looked over to see colby enter the room.

he had a towel around his waist and his hair was soaked.

"you look terrible." colby said, walking over to me.

"those are the exact words i like to hear from my boyfriend." i said, trying to laugh but it didn't exactly sound like it was a laugh.

"you know what i meant." he laughed. "howre you feeling?" he asked, putting his hand up to my forehead.

"terrible." i responded, taking a sip of my water.

"i'll be back." he told me, exiting our room.

i picked up the book i started reading, in watermelon sugar, and began on the next page. i hadn't even read through a whole page when colby re-entered our room.

"here, let me take your temperature." he said, sitting next to me on the bed and practically shoving the thermometer into my mouth.

we sat and stared at each other till it beeped.

"damn, 103.2... looks like you're staying in bed today." colby told me.

"thanks mom." i joked.

"ha-ha. very funny." colby said. "i'll be right back."

he did come back, nearly 5 minutes later. with a wellness shot from pressed juice and a box of tissues.

"thanks." i said with a light smile.

"no problem... do you need anything else?" he asked me.

i shook my head no and he turned the office on.

after an episode of the vampire diaries and two episodes of the office, i was feeling hungry.

"i'm hungry." i told colby, knowing he would stop me if i tried to get out of bed.

"okay. i'll uber eats some food to us." he told me.

i nodded and turned on an episode of forensic files. colby was editing his video and wasn't really paying attention to the tv.

"foods here." colby said, getting out of bed to get it.

he came back with a bag from panera bread that had a bowl of chicken noodle soup in it.

"thank you." i smiled.

after i ate, i fell asleep in bed.

when i woke up, i heard colby in our closet. he game back out to grab more of the clean laundry he must of done while i was sleeping.

"oh hey, you're finally awake." he smiled to me.

"finally? what time is it?" i asked with a scratchy voice.

"it's 6pm." colby laughed. "howre you feeling."

"better but not great." i responded.

he sat next to me and pulled my body into his. the office was still playing in the background so he must have turned it on when i fell asleep.

he went to kiss me but i pulled away from him.

"no, no, no. i don't want to get you sick." i told him.

"it's fine." he laughed, leaning in to kiss me.

let's just say that probably wasn't a good idea because for the rest of the week, we were both sick.