hockey game

"wait, what's sams number?" kat asked us. we were getting ready to go to the boys hockey game.

"isn't he 04?" i asked with a laugh.

"that sounds right." she replied.

i was wearing a pair of light wash jeans and one of colbys extra jerseys. it said 'brock' 88 on the
back

i was also wearing one of colbys hats in support of his team.

"are you guys ready?" i asked tara, devyn and kat.

i heard a chorus of 'almost' and decided to throw my shoes on really quick.

the boys had to practice before their game so we waited it out at the house and then got ready to go.

i grabbed a blanket that had the teams logo on it just in case.

-

"hi!" i smiled to colby when i saw him.

"hey, baby. i like your outfit." colby said with a small smirk and a kiss to my cheek.

"howre you feeling?" i asked him with a smile.

"good. this team is ass so i'm pretty sure we'll win." he replied, pulling me closer to him.

"i have no doubt that you will."

"colby, time to go." i heard colbys coach say.

"well i'll see you in a bit then. good luck." i told him, getting on my tippy toes to kiss him due to his ice skates making him even more tall than he normally is.

-

the boys just got out onto the ice. corey is the goalie and colby is playing defense. jake and sam are both forwards.

the first period was half way over, leaving 10 minutes left. neither team has scored so far but they were doing good at keeping the puck away from the net.

one of the players on the other team was obviously playing dirty. he kept boarding colby. colby was obviously annoyed but didn't want to fight back, or he didn't want the refs to give him a penalty instead.

the first period ended and neither team had gotten a goal. i watched colbys team all walk back to the one locker room, colby evidently sulking. poor baby.

"that guy won't get off of colby." tara said, facing me.

"i know. it kills me every time he hits the boards." i said, making tara nod with a sad smile.

-

the next period started and sam scored on a breakaway. the whole arena cheered for him.

our lead soon came to an end when 24 made a goal for their team. asshole.

i noticed he had let off of colby a bit but he still wouldn't leave him alone.

they did a line change and gave sam, colby and jake all a break.

-

we're now in the third and final period. we're tied 2-2 right now. mikey, from our team, made a goal as well and then 53 made a goal on the other team.

there's two minutes left in the game. colbys been on the ice for the entire third period.

24 got a penalty for pushing colby against the boards so now our team has a power play.

so our team has 6 on the ice and the opposing team has 5.

colby just got the puck, the other team trying to defend their side. he made slap-shot and made the final goal!

there's 23 seconds left on the clock and all you can hear in the arena are cheers for colby.

the buzzer buzzed and everyone on our team congratulated colby and surrounded him on the ice.

i ran down to the edge of the rink, right by where they exit to go back to the locker rooms, the girls following me.

"you did so good!" i told colby with a huge hug, not caring that his sweat was getting all over my arms or that his hair was dripping.

"thanks, baby." he smiled, leaning down to kiss me.

i saw some girls out of the corner of my eye, glaring at me since colby was kissing me.

"i'll be right back, i love you." colby smiled, rushing back with his team to the locker room.

we all ended up going out for a victory dinner. i'm so proud of my boy.