hockey

"i've never been ice skating before. you know i hate the cold." i told colby with a small laugh.

"it'll be so much fun, babe." colby assured me.

"well let's go then." i told him.

i was wearing a gray thin turtleneck crop and a pair of light wash jeans. i had on my puffy black coat and a pink hat.

we just got to the ice skating rink. colby obviously had his skates since he plays hockey but i didn't have any so we stopped at the rental booth where i got a pair.

colby helped me lace them up and then helped me walk to the ice... since i was clearly struggling at that task.

"okay i'm scared." i laughed as my feet hit the ice.

"you'll be fine. i've got you." he laughed, putting his arm around my waist to help me from falling.

he showed me how to move my feet and i was doing a fairly poor job. he was basically the only reason i was not on my ass.

"you're getting it." he laughed. "let's take a hot chocolate break?" he suggested.

"good idea. i suck at this." i laughed.

"i've seen worse." he laughed. "you're honestly not doing THAT bad."

"THAT bad. thanks." i laughed again.

we walked to the hot chocolate stand and colby ordered us one to share. we found a seat and we started drinking it.

"i can just imagine you at 6 years old... skating around the rink in your little jersey. so cute." i told him.

"well my mom has a ton of photos. i'm sure she'd be more than happy to show them to you when we got to kansas next." he laughed.

"well i'd love to see them." i smiled.

"ready to get back on the ice?" colby asked me.

"sure." i told him with a small smile.

once we were back on the ice, i was doing a lot better. i didn't have to hold onto colby anymore so we were just holding hands as we skated.

eventually colby let go of my hand to show me that he can skate backwards... which was pretty impressive considering i couldn't even skate normally.

-

"next time you'll have to actually teach me how to play hockey." i told colby with a laugh.

he laughed with me, opening my car door for me.

"will you be at my game on thursday?" he asked me.

"of course! i think tara and kat are coming too." i told him.