sleep on the floor

"this may sound crazy... but we should go on a road trip." i told colby, laying down on my bed.

"why is that crazy?" he laughed. "we do that with our friends all of the time."

"no, like a road trip where we have a limit on money and where there are no prior arrangements made. we just drive and see where it takes us. maybe go crazy and sleep in a strangers living room or eat at some wack ass restaurant." i explained to him.

"that's insane. i love it." he smiled.

"let's leave tonight! it has to be spontaneous." i told him. "we need to find a car to take." i told him.

i didn't want to take either of our nice cars since that's not exactly crazy and spontaneous.

"well let's head to the bank and we can both withdraw $1000 from our accounts. that should be enough to pay for a car and for anything else we need to buy on our trip." he suggested.

"okay... let's go." i smiled. i grabbed a little bag for each of us, only putting phone chargers in them.

-

we took and uber to the place where we were to meet the guy. he had a 2001 white chevy malibu for $1000. so we called him up and here we are.

as much as i wanted to just disappear from everyone mysteriously, i texted the trap house group chat and told them we'd be gone for a while, even though we didn't know where we were going or how long we'd be gone.

the trip started out with colby driving, we had a gps to try to get to vegas as our first overnight stop.

-

"i'm hungry." i whined.

"me too. in n out?" colby asked.

"that works for me." i told him.

he got off on the exit and soon enough we were in the parking lot of an in n out in a random town, three hours out of LA, in rural california.

the two of us each ordered animal styled fries and water. the total was $8.56.

"we need to get some clothes for this trip." i told him. "it looks like there's a vintage store about 15 minutes from here that we could stop at. "

-

"i think you should get this." i laughed, holding up a t-shirt with an airbrushed dog on it.

"i think you should get this." he replied, holding up a hideous pink shirt that was evidently from the 2014 tumblr phase.

we left the store with $58.67 worth of clothes for the two of us. we noticed a cd store next to the vintage stop. the car didn't have bluetooth so we decided it would be best to get a cd so we didn't have to listen to the static shitty pop songs on the radio.

we didn't last long in the music store since i found a lumineers cd. cleopatra to be specific. that i thought would be perfect for the trip.

colby handed the man a $20 bill, receiving $4.76 back.

"this is our song." i told colby when sleep on the floor came on. i turned the volume up on the song, letting the lyrics sink in.

-

by the time we reached las vegas, it was nearly 1am so we decided to just check in to a hotel. colby found a hotel for $54 a night so we decided to head there.

"this is not as sketchy as i expected." i laughed, flopping back onto the bed.

"what do you mean 'it's not that sketchy?' there's a hole in the wall!" colby exclaimed, making me laugh.