hes jealous of you cuddling jake

(this story is set pre- tara.... love her the most tho!)

the boys had dragged me off to film a video at the crack house again. we were filming a stranger friends episode. i had worked most of the day, and i was absolutely exhausted.

sam and colby were filming their part of the video in a separate room, so i was laying on the couch in between jake and reggie.

i leaned over slightly, my head falling onto jakes shoulder. he wrapped his arm around me, to make it slightly more comfy for both of us.

everything between jake and i had always been fully platonic. we didn't have feelings for each other in the slightest. colby didn't always think that was true. he would always say about how close we were and he would get jealous of jake and i's friendship easily. maybe it's because jake is the only single one of all of the guys that we live with.

i was watching tik toks on my phone as jake was peering over my shoulder. i watched as colby walked into the room, his face going from normal to mad when he saw jake and i cuddled up on the couch. i wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of knowing that i moved from my spot just so he'd be happy. i'm not going to let a boy decide who i can and can't lay next to on the couch.

jake must've noticed colbys reaction so he whispered in my ear, "if you wanna piss him off even more, laugh when i pull away and pretend i said something funny."

i liked jakes idea and decided to do just that. i let out a soft giggle, making colbys expression grow colder.

"ayla, we're leaving." he said, standing up from the couch.

"i don't wanna go yet." i counteracted.

"ayla, now." he insisted.

"colby, no." i replied back.

"can we talk in the kitchen?" he asked me, still pissed.

"fine." i huffed, getting up from my comfy spot with jake. "what?" i asked once we were in the kitchen.

"don't just 'what' me, ayla. what's up with you and jake?" colby asked.

"nothing is 'up' with me and jake." i sighed.

"you two fucking giggling and cuddling makes it seem like that's a lie." he replied.

"so you don't trust me?" i questioned.

"i do, but that really seemed like more than friends." he said.

"colby, trust me, i don't have feelings for jake in the slightest. he's like a brother to me and we'd never actually do anything to hurt you. we were just messing with you. we can go home, but i want you to apologize to jake first."

"whatever." he huffed, walking to the living room to apologize to his friend.

"thank you." i sang as i followed him, content that he was actually apologizing.