he makes you insecure

"what about this dress?" i asked colby. i was getting ready for a fairly last minute red carpet event with colby so i had a stylist in my room, having me try of different dresses left and right. this one was a tight baby blue dress.

"i don't like that one." he said, making a face.

"why not?" i asked with a little frown as i looked in the mirror. i thought this dress was going to be the one.

"hey, i have to go take this call. i'll be right back." the stylist said to me. i nodded and turned back to colby.

"it just doesn't fit you right. you don't fill it out like you should." he said, examining it.

"oh... okay." i said, feeling a little insecure now. i had really liked the way the dress looked on me so to know that my boyfriend didn't feel the same way was really bumming me out.

"maybe try on the black dress." he shrugged. i looked to the long sleeve black dress that would cover up most of my body. i'm sure he didn't mean it in the way that it came out but i was a little offending that he wanted me to try on the only dress that would hide my whole body.

"okay." i nodded, grabbing the dress and walking into my closet to try it on. i had been trying them all on out in the opened since it was only colby and my stylist in the room, but at this point, i'd rather change on my own.

"ayls, are you okay?" colby asked, walking into my closet.

"yeah." i said, my voice cracking slightly. of course it would crack at the most inconvenient time.

"what's wrong?" he asked, pulling my half naked body into him, a few tears falling down my face.

"nothing- i'm fine." i said, attempting to pull away but due to his tight grip, i couldn't.

"what's wrong, baby?" he asked again, kissing my forehead.

"you didn't like that dress." i sighed.

"why does that matter?" he asked, looking at me in confusion.

"you said i don't fit in it right and i don't fill it out." i stated, the realization actually hitting him.

"baby, i didn't mean in like that." he said, kissing me. "i actually love that dress on you... i just don't want other people seeing you in it, cause you're all mine."

"i love you." i mumbled.

"i love you so much, ayls. i love every inch of your body. you're so fucking perfect. i was just being selfish, i didn't realize what i said was offensive. i'm sorry." he apologized.

"it's okay, co, but now you need to help me actually pick a dress." i laughed.

"okay." he laughed. "this time i won't be so selfish about it." he said, making me smile.