Chapter 40

After three mind blowing orgasms I sit on Zevander's lap.

This is the second time Zevander didn't pull out. I know it's a chance I can be pregnant and I'm scared. Will I be able to keep this baby happy? Will I be enough?

"Hey, what's on your mind?" Zevander says cupping my face so I look at him.

"Umm..." I say fiddling with my fingers on my lap. "What if I'm pregnant? I don't think I'm ready. What if I can't keep this baby happy? What if I'm not enough?" I say looking at him through tears as they blur my vision.

"Baby..." Zevander says as my grey eyes meet his eyes. "I'm sorry for causing you to worry, but you need to know that if you are pregnant; our baby will love you so much. You will always be enough. Just like you were enough for Zaren and just like you are enough for Lenaya. Now please stop crying. I hate seeing you cry." Zevander says wiping my tears and kissing my forehead softly.

"You promise?" I say looking at Zevander.

"Yes, Love. I promise." Zevander nods his head just as we hear a knock on the door.

Zevander and I look at the door as his brother Zane enters with an icepack.

"Thanks, Zane." I say as I take it from his hand.

"I'll go ahead and handle the next meeting. You go home." Zane says looking at the floor.

"What did you do, Zane?" Zevander sighs. "You hate handling the meetings. You told mom about the fight didn't you?"

"No... okay I did and I'm sorry. It slipped out. You know I can't keep anything in." Zane says in a rush.

"It's fine, Zane. I should probably call mother back since that was probably her who called earlier." Zevander says reaching for the phone. "Thanks, Zane for taking over the meeting for me."

With wide eyes Zane nods his head before quickly exiting the office.

Zevander dials his mother's number and puts it to his ear.

"Hey Mom, sorry I couldn't pick up earlier. I was kind of busy at the moment." Zevander says with a smirk.

Rolling my eyes at Zevander. I go to his mini fridge and get a bottle of water to drink.

"No, Mom she's fine. She's not the one you should worry about. She's the one who beat her ass." Zevander says smiling.

"Language, Zevander." I scowl him as I sit back on his lap.

"Sorry, Love." Zevander says kissing my lips and laughing. "Yeah Mom. I know and I will."

The door bust open and Lenaya runs in smiling. "Daddy, Mommy." She jumps on me and I pick her up kissing her cheek as Zevander kisses her other cheek.

"Hi, Princess." Zevander says the same time I say "Hi, Baby."

"Yeah, Mom she does. It was something she decided." I don't know what Zevander and his mom are taking about, but he's smiling.

"Don't cry, Mom."  Zevander says with a frown.

I look at him and frown as he leans forward and quickly wraps his arm around my waist.

"You're happy?" He says smiling.

"I know she's the best." Zevander says after a moment.

"Ok. Love you, Mom." Zevander says looking at Lenaya.

"Lenaya, Nana wants to talk to you." Zevander says as he hands the phone to Lenaya and she sits on his desk with the help from me and Zevander.