Chapter 44

We just arrived at Zevander's parents house and I'm amazed. The house is beautiful.

Zevander's house is beautiful but this, this is magnificent. It's a dream home anyone would wish for.

Zevander's parents house

Me and Zane walk in and immediately I am engulfed with a hug by Ziandra

Me and Zane walk in and immediately I am engulfed with a hug by Ziandra. "How did the flight go, Darling?" She says with a smile.

"It went wonderful. Thank you for that." I say.

"You don't need to thank me, Dear. I already told you, you're family." She says pulling me into the living room excitedly.

Zara and Rachelle come and give me a hug and tell me they're glad I'm here.

I see a tall man with salt and pepper curly hair, brown eyes and a warm smile. Zevander looks just like him and I know it's his father.

"Hi, you must be Vance? My name is Braxlyn." I say shyly offering him my hand to shake.

Vance grabs my hand and pulls me into a hug. I'm taking aback, but return the hug. When he lets go he looks down at me and smiles. "And your the woman who has stollen my granddaughter's heart and captured my sons. Welcome to the family, Kid." He says and I laugh.

"Mommy?" We hear and turn our heads to the sofa to see Lenaya sitting up, rubbing her eyes.

"Hi, Baby." I say with a smile as I walk to her.

She quickly stops rubbing her eyes and looks up at me. "Mommy!" She yells dropping the picture on the sofa and jumping in my arms as we hug each other.

"I missed you so much, Baby." I say kissing all over her face causing a giggle to erupt from her.

"I missed you too, Mommy." She says grabbing both sides of my cheeks and squeezing them together as she starts kissing my forehead and nose causing me to giggle.

"Daddy was being a bad daddy." Lenaya says with her hands on her hips.

"No, Baby. Daddy wasn't being a bad daddy. Daddy was upset okay? He was sad." I say cupping her face so she can look at me.

She thinks before responding. "Daddy yelled because he's sad that mean grandma hurt Mommy?" She says confused.

"Yeah Baby, but your grandma isn't mean okay." I say smiling down at her.

"No, Mommy. Grandma is mean. She hurt you and called you bad name. I don't want to see mean grandma no more." She says crying.

"Okay, okay, Baby. You don't have to see mean grandma anymore. Just don't cry because you'll make Mommy cry. Do you want me to cry?" I ask looking down at her.

She stops rubbing her eyes and shakes her head no as she lays her head on my chest and starts sucking her thumb.

"I hit Daddy, Mommy." She looks down. "I didn't mean to but I was mad at Daddy for yelling at you and telling you bad words." She says putting her head in my neck as she begins to cry.