Chapter 8 - The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Lucas's POV

You know, when we came home yesterday I never would've thought that I'd see everything bustling. But right now, as we drove up to the packhouse, it was like the whole pack was preparing for something bad to happen.

Warriors could be seen everywhere. Standing in groups as they received instructions from their leaders.

"What the heck's going on??" Xavier said. Voicing out our unasked question.

"Maybe this has something to do with the werewolf council??" Aaron suggested as he tried to come up with some sort of explanation, but I get the feeling that it's something worse.

"Lets get inside. Maybe we can ask dad what's happening." They all agreed before we made our way inside where a strong scent and delicious scent hit me.

"You're all home." Mom's happy tone was heard as she came to greet us. "All of you go and get ready. We're having dinner in a bit."

"It's a bit early for dinner mom. Is there a reason why??" Ellie asked her with curiosity like the rest of us.

"Your father and I are both going to be a bit busy with patrols later tonight. And on that note, I don't want any of you going outside for anything. Am I clear??"

"You guys just don't go with patrols out of the blue. Is something happening mom??" I asked.

"Nothing's wrong, sweety. Your dad and uncle Michael are just changing up the patrols so you don't have to worry. We're just going out with then tonight for a precautionary measure since its new. We wanted to see for ourselves if there are any holes or weak points within the new schedules." She explained before going back into the kitchen where aunt Louren was there along with aunt Cindy, Elise and grandma Lina.

"Hi mom."

Aaron and Chase went to greet their mothers while my brother, sister and I went to smile at the witch and the former Luna of Bloodrose.

After putting our stuff in our rooms, we all went back to the kitchen where I saw that everything's nearly set up for dinner.

Looking at my phone, it was only 6:23pm so there was still a bit of time before I would go and meet up with Scott. But there was one tiny little problem.

With all the warriors that might be going on patrols tonight, how the heck am I gonna sneak out of the pack territory without getting caught?? And to top it all off, mom and dad will be out tonight as well and I'm sure as hell that they'll instantly know my scent if they'd catch it.

I was thinking of calling or texting Scott to cancel but I really couldn't just leave him to go on his own in the werewolf capital's lands.

Who knows what they'll do to him if they catch him.

"Hey, I didn't really ask you guys how your visit to the Lunari went. How did it go??" Ellie went to ask Elise and Lina who gave her a small smile.

"It went well. We got to see them do one of their rituals on honoring the Goddess but..." Lina stopped which made us a bit curious as to why.

"Did something go wrong??" I asked.

"I don't exactly know. Raymond didn't tell us but with the look on his face as well as the confused ones of the other white wolves, I knew something was wrong."

"But don't worry about that. Why don't you go and call your fathers and grandfather??Dinner's ready." Elise suggested which we immediately did.

But I couldn't help my curiosity of what could have happened at the Lunari pack during their ritual.