Chapter 22 - The Fight Against Hunger

Jayden's POV

Upon arriving to my office, Maddison said her goodbye since she had some things to do along with the other girls.

So that just left Brody, Cole and I when we walked in to see Garreth, Steven, Raph and Mikey waiting inside.

"Hey Cole!! Haven't seen you in a good while. How's life as a detective??" Mikey greeted.

"Hey Mikey. It's all good. Though I'm sorry to say that I wouldn't of really came here if it wasn't of upmost importance." The human responded as we all went to take our respectable seats.

"So, what did you want to ask us??" I questioned, and with that his face slowly went serious.

"For starters, I don't know if you all have heard of it already but there was an attack on a teen boy by the name of Jace Parker inside of his home last night." He started to explain and we were all a bit surprised since we haven't heard of any news of his yet. "If you haven't heard of it yet, chances are it's going to be in the news later."

"No matter. So, when I got to the crime scene last night, we went with the usual routine. Looking for facts to see what kind of crime it was." He said. "But on looking at the scene where it had happened, I knew it for myself that it wasn't just murder that we had. It was a downright massacre."

He slowly went to reach for something inside of his bag and soon pulled out a white folder to which he opened to reveal some pictures.

"These are just some of the pictures taken in the crime scene." Spreading it all out, everyone went closer towards the desk to see them.

And when they did, they couldn't contain the shocked looks on their faces. I myself wasn't nearly ready to see what the pictures had held.

"What in the Goddess's name happened to that poor kid??" Steven said lowly as he picked up a picture of what remained of the boy's body.

"Like I said. Massacred in his own home." Cole replied before picking up one photo. "The station received a distress call from the home and it was identified to be the boy."

"Did he say anything?? Something that you could use to find out what really happened??" Garreth asked him.

"Nothing much." Cole answered. "With what the officer who received the call had told me, Jace was in a great state of panic when he called. Asking for help cause he said was something was after him. He was all alone in his home when he called the police. And we later found out that earlier he called a tow company to pick up his car which apparently broke down half an hour away from his house."

"You got all this information in just a few hours??" Raph said in complete astonishment.

"I don't like wasting any time when it comes to a murder of a young teen." He answered. "Now, from what I've gathered so far, Jace's car broke down so he called a tow company to come and tow his car while he decided to just walk the rest of the way back home since it was only thirty minutes away. And to support this, we've gotten accounts from bus friends who all said that he was indeed walking home that night for they were all having a video call with each other."

"This is where I believe Jace first came face to face with the killer. While he was walking home." Cole then pulled out his phone before showing us a picture of what looked to be a school bag.

"That's his bag??" I asked, but I think I already knew the answer to that question.

"It is. I saw it by the road side when I went to take a look along the road that Jace took. Along with this a few feet away in the middle of the road itself." Cole said before going to the next picture which was a phone. "His phone. Now I recon that the kid wouldn't have dropped his phone that easily. So either he was a bit clumsy, or he was in a real hurry which was why he accidently dropped his phone. And when he tried going back to pic it up, that's when he saw the killer who probably came out of the woods since that's the direction where Jace threw his bag in self defence when the killer tried to go for him."

Realize: Legacies| Book 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें