Chapter 17 - Under Helplessness

Xavier's POV

"So, what else are we gonna do now??" Chase went to ask while we were sitting in the living room of our packhouse.

Its been a while since we got home and now we were trying to think of some way to get more information about what that tree is all about.

Speaking of which, Aaron had went to bring us to the place where he said the location of that large tree was, but when we got there it was nowhere to be seen.

We asked him if he was sure that it was the same place and responded by saying thay he was absolutely sure about it.

So, the only explanation that I could think of would be that the tree had just disappeared or that it has managed to magically transfer to another location.

We spent the rest of the afternoon trying to look for it but to no avail. All of us just decided to go home for the day.

Of course, saying that we spent the afternoon looking for the tree, we had skipped class so I really hope that our school doesn't go ahead and call our parents about this.

"Try to look up everything we can. Maybe tomorrow Aaron can try and take us back there. The tree couldn't have just disappeared just like that. We must have missed something." Lucas said.

Turning my head, I went to look at Aaron who was silently sitting beside me on the couch. It didn't look like he was listening that much but then we heard the front door open before our parent's scents invaded us.

"There you kids are. You're all home later than I expected." Mom greeted.

"Sorry mom. I uh.. had to do an assignment due for tomorrow and they had to wait for me to finish." Lucas gingerly explained.

"Really?? You sure thay you kids haven't been causing any sort of mischief??" Uncle Mikey chuckled which honestly made us feel a bit uneasy.

"You think they know??" I asked as I mind linked my brother.

"I don't think so. How could they know??" He replied as dad then spoke up.

"Have you kids eaten already?? Sorry if we didn't join you. We got called up by the patrols and had to goo look at something."

"If all of you had to go there together, it must have been serious." I said.

"Nothing that we couldn't handle sweety. Don't worry. " Mom assured. "But your father and I have to speak with your uncles and aunties for a bit. So all of you don't stay up too late alright??"

"But it's not even a school night." Chase whined. Making the adults chuckle as well as us while his mom gave him a pointed look.

"He's right. How about just letting the kids enjoy their free time." Uncle Raph suggested. Much to our glee of course.

"Alright alright." Mom sighed out as she gave in. "Just don't pull one of your all nighters."

At that, we all saw dad lean into mom's ear as he went to whisper something at her enough that we couldn't even hear it.

But it must have been something that would definitely make us cringe as mom immediately blushed bright red before giving dad a glare.

"Alright you two. Not here. Lets not mortify them now shall we??" Uncle Mikey went to scurry them off as they went to dad's office.

We all said our goodnight to them and went back to our own talks. Making sure that nobody else was listening of course.

Yet still, after all of that, Aaron was still a bit silent which made me very curious as to what's been taking up his attention.