Chapter 65 - The Wendigo ( Part 4 )

Mikey's POV

I slowly made my way through the pack, not missing the damage that the attack had dealt us, though what was important was that we managed to push ourselves through the turmoil and fight another day.

We've only lost a few numbers of our warriors, but every life was precious. And could very well feel the pack mourning our fallen. The ones who gave their lives to defend their home.

It made me feel guilty.

With my responsibility, I should ensure the safety of our pack. And that very well includes the very warriors that protect it. I just could help but think that maybe I could've done something else to prevent their deaths.

I was soon approached by the warrior that had linked me, telling me to quickly get to the dungeons with the note that I had to see something for myself.

"Sir." He greeted. Bowing his head to which I return before looking towards the damaged entrance of our pack's dungeons.

"What did you want to tell me??"

"It's better if you see it for yourself, sir." Making our way into the structure, I looked around and saw the sheer devastation that that thing had caused the place.

Bent bars and broken cells, I was even concerned by the fact that this thing wasn't even affected by the silver.

"I came here at your request so that I can try to find out what that thing wanted inside of the dungeons, though in the end I could only confirm your early suspicions of its' motives." He explained as we reached a particular cell.

"It was here for the owner of this cell." He told me.

"The Skinwalker." I specified while looking at the remainder of the cell on which the very doors were ripped right off.

"Yes sir. And from what I've noticed, this thing knew exactly where it was headed." He explained and I couldn't help but agree with while looking around.

I also thought back during the time that I myself had fought that humongous gorilla. Cindy also told me what she observed when she fought it herself but what really made me think was when Aaron told me.

The very second that the skinwalker ordered it to attack, it did so without may hesitation whatsoever which either meant that it was just really loyal to him or it just had no choice at all but to follow orders.

"You could've just told me this over the pack link." I said, turning towards him.

"Yes sir. But there's one more thing that I need to show you." He replied before ushering me to follow him as he walked out of the skinwalker's cell.

It didn't really take him long to lead me to what he was referring to. And when I realized just what he was showing me, I knew that there was a chance that the risk of casualties would rise.

"I found it like this only a few minutes after I found the other one. He must've busted out during the commotion of the attack, though I'm not sure how. His restraints must've gotten damaged when that thing broke into the dungeons." He said.

"Keep everyone on high alert. I'm gonna have to call Cole and tell him what happened." I said in my frustration while reaching for my phone.

"He needs to know that Xavier's human turned wendigo friend had escaped."

3rd person's POV

Kate was in a state of shock as she watched what was unfolding in before her. At first she had though that she must've been seeing things wrong, but it soon came to pass that she wasn't.