Chapter 55 - The Little Girl

3rd person's POV

The sounds of a car engine roaring to a stop was heard as Cole parked his car at the parking lot of Timberland Highschool.

After reporting in what he had found in the Jones household, he thought that it'd be a good idea if he went for a second opinion on what he was suspecting. And seeing as both Jayden and Maddison were in Silver Moon, he decided that it'd be better if he went to talk with the Healer that Jayden introduced him with than making the long trip to the other pack.

So after making his way to the reception where he asked the woman where he could find the teacher, it didn't take long for her to tell him the directions on where the healer's classroom was.

He gave he door a few knocks before opening it to find himself in a standard school classroom where he saw the familiar face of the man sitting behind the desk.

"Mr. Thomas Anderson??" He asked while he approached while the healer was busy with what looked to be some tests that he gathered from his students a while ago.

"Yes??" He immediately paused when he saw the detective standing there. "You're one of Mr. Grey's friends. Correct??"

"I am. And I'm sorry for dropping by without notice but I'm here to get your opinion on something about an investigation that I'm having if it's alright with you."

"I'd be happy to help you detective but I have to say that I might not really have the experience to give you the opinion that you need." He pointed out before placing his pen on his table and leaning back against his seat.

"I don't think that that'd be the case sir. Cause the new investigation that I'm currently overseeing is not a very typical one."

"In what way??" The healer curiously asked.

Pulling up one of the chairs nearby, Cole sat right in front of his desk. "Just some certain supernatural aspects."

His eyes widened slightly at my words and he went to check if the door was indeed closed before looking back towards me. "We're there people killed??"

"Yes. I could only make out one person when I found the scene though forensics are making sure that it was really only the poor guy that I found that was killed. But I don't know how long we have to wait for the answer cause I recon that it'd take days with how the crime scene looked." The detective explained before he heard the other man giving out a long sigh.

"It could be another one of the great number of possible supernatural that were attracted by the nemetons' growing power." He then mumbled. "I'm not even close on finding a solution for our problem."

"Though that'd be a topic that I'd be more than willing to talk about, I'm not that sure that a different supernatural could be involved in this." He said and the healer immediately went to give him back his attention. "Remember the notion that Lucas and the other kids gave us the day after they caught their wendigo friend??"

"Yes. They spoke about the possibility of there being another one of those creatures out there. A female with what they heard the hunter had said when he referred to the creature as a she." Was what he replied. Quickly catching what Cole was trying to say to him at that point.

"And you yourself believe that there is another one of these things out there right??"

"Well there are certain evidences that suggests so." He pointed out. "The hunters for instance. They currently believe that the wendigo that's doing all of this killings is a female. And I can say that in their line of work, they can't really afford to get the wrong information on something. Also, let's not forget that the wendigo that we know of, the one that's hosting Francis' right now till this moment, had confessed that he didn't take any participation on the human lives that were taken cause of the boy's continuous intervention. Though honestly that's still a subject to uncertainty."