Chapter 74 - Zootopia Massacre

3rd person's POV

Lucas and the others were already sitting on their usual spot when Xavier arrived at the cafeteria.

And even though there were countless students that were somewhat cramped up in that single hall, he could tell that aside from Chase and Scott who were weirdly not around at the moment, two new spots were filled in their little pack as Kate chatted with Isabella and Elizabeth. Francis was talking with his brother before his eyes turned towards his direction when he saw him walking up to them.

"Hey man. What's wrong with you??" The boy went to ask as he lets out a sigh whole taking the seat beside his brother's.

"My head is literally about to burst open with all these lessons during class. I mean, I took down notes but I already forgot more than half of what was discussed last period." He leaned back. "Not to mention that the exams are coming up in a couple of weeks."

"But couldn't you guys.. you know. Talk to one another telepathically?? Can't you just help each other out during exams?? That'll make it a bit easier for you guys." Francis asked them.

"Definitely makes me wish that I could to do that." His sister then said afterwards. Glancing around at everyone at the table before focusing back to her lunch.

"Well it wouldn't really be that fair for you guys if we did that."

"As if. The truth is that our parents would have our asses if they find out we're doing that." They chuckled at Elizabeth's words while Xavier merely rolled his eyes before catching glance of a certain girl with raven black hair.

Giving him a warm smile when she saw him looking which only made the teen smile back.

"Why don't you go on and talk to her??" The blink turned towards his brother, who looked at him for a moment before giving a shrug.

"Nothing's really holding you back anymore. You can start something with her if you want." He added.

"What do you mean by holding me back?? The mate bond wasn't holding me back. I respected the it as much as you did." The young brother pointed out.

"That's not what I meant Xavier. I'm simply saying now that things are different, we can start having personal relationships. And it seems that you like that girl that you've been smiling at for the last ten seconds." Lucas explained.

Dropping his smile, Xavier turned to give his brother an annoyed look before looking back at Diane you went to sit down with Charlotte and her friends a few meters away.

"Ilios and I talked about it a while ago and he told me that it was okay with him."

"Well what's keeping ya??" Isabella asked him.

"I don't know. I mean, I've always thought about meeting my mate someday but now that that's not likely... I just never really thought about it going like that."

"Ok. So who's this Ilios again??" Francis went to ask. Having a feeling that it was a good time to change the subject.

"My wolf." He made sure that nobody else was listening in on their conversation when he answered. "He said he's just taking his time to accept how things are gonna be."

"Right. Forgot about you guys and your wolves having separate thoughts in one body." The boy replied before his face slightly scrunched up in thought. "You know it doesn't seem that private."

"You have no idea." Lucas replied which caused then to chuckle as they ate.

"And hey. At least us humans won't be the only ones experiencing heartbreaks anymore. You guys had it too easy." Kate pointed out.