Chapter 12 - New Discoveries

3rd person's POV

"What?? W-Where am I??" A young girl stirred as she squinted her eyes when the light of the sun had reached her.

She tried to get herself up, but then she couldn't. Only for her to realize that she was tied up against a very large tree.

This sent a sense of alarm through her. Immediately she tried to use her hands yet they were also tied up.

Yet that wasn't the only thing which concerned her.

For what really made her heart beat fat with fear was the overwhelming presence she felt.

"Is anyone there?!?!" She yelled out. Hoping that the presence she felt was good, but she was definitely wrong.

She could hear the bushes, behind the tree she was tied to, rustling. But just as she was about to ask for help again, a low growl had cut her off.

She felt panic start to rise within her. For there she was, vulnerably tied to a tree and now a possibly dangerous, wild animal could very well rip her apart.

"Is someone there?!" She heard a voice call out through the trees in front of her.

"I'm here!!! Help!!!" She yelled out in plea. Not caring that there could be an animal nearby for she wasn't missing the chance of getting help.

Soon enough, a man who looked to be in his thirties walked out. Eyes widening when he saw the scene in front of him.

"Oh God. Are you alright??" He asked as he made his way towards the girl.

"Please. Please help me." She sobbed out. Feeling a bit of relief rising since that someone was here with her. "There's something out there. Some wild animal. I heard it growling in some bushes behind me."

The man looked at her confusedly before going on to look around them.

"I don't see anything. You sure it wasn't just my growl??"

"It's out there. It was like it was right behind... Wait.. what do you mean that.." She didn't finish her sentence as a sadistic smile appeared on the man's face.

Her fear skyrocketed as well as her loud scream echoing through the air. But what really scared her was not that evil look on the man's face but it was in fact his eyes which darkened profoundly before a low growl was heard.

"No.. No!! Get away from me!!!" She screamed, but it only made the man laugh out as if the girl had said something to his amusement.

"You were asking for help just a while ago and now you want me to leave you alone??" He said. The sadistic smile on his fave never leaving as he did. "Well, not that I was gonna let you go or anything anyways. That's not what they told me to do."

"What do you mean?? What are you going to do to me??" She asked. Not even holding back her tears as she watched the man eyeing her like a predator.

"Oh I think you already have an idea my dear." The man mused. Crouching down so that he was at eye level with the tied up teen.

"Such a shame really. A real waste of a beautiful face." The girl shivered in fear as she tried to get away when the man lightly stroked her cheek.

"N-No!!! Let me go!!! Please, let me go!!" The girl screamed out in plea. Yet this seemed to have little effect on the man who only watched the girl's struggle in amusement.

But then, the girl's fear morphed into that of pure horror and terror when the man suddenly pulled out a knife. She tried even harder to get herself off of the restraints as continuous screams were heard.