Chapter 15 - Enemies, Friends and Family

Lucas's POV

You know, I knew that I was gonna have to be the one to drive us to where we wanted to go, but I didn't realize that being stuck with these two in the same car would probe to be a challenge.

"Are we there yet??" I hear my cousin's bored tone ask.

"Does it look like we're there??" Scott responded in annoyance before turning back to me. "Take the next right. We should be in Paxton Avenue in a few minutes."

"That's what you said the last time when we took that left turn." Bella pointed out. "The same when we also took that other right turn. Then the left. Then a right. And another right. And..."

"And, I get it." Scott cut her off. Giving her an unamused smile along with a hard look. "But this time it's different."

"That's what you also said a while ago. But then we had to..."

"Will you just..." He almost snapped out but in the end, just sighed out as he turned towards me. "Told you we shouldn't have brought her with us. Dude, you cousin isn't only scarily ferocious. She's annoying, obnoxious, bad tempered.. "

"And she can perfectly hear you you know." She voiced out.

"Well, you were meant to." Was Scott's response as he gave her another look of annoyance.

"Can we kick her out of the car?? She can turn into her wolfie-vampire hybrid self and run back to school." He added in a plea.

"Humans." We heard Bella scoff out from the backseat.

"Now see.. why do you have to say that like it's an insult??" Scott commented.

"It was meant to. Glad to see that it's working." She responded. And let me tell you that I didn't need to look back to know that she had a smirk on her face. Cause you can clearly hear it in the way she talked just now.

"Yeah, well... At least I don't leave my fur everywhere like you do when you shed." He fired back. But what he said only confused me.

Shedding??

And by the silence that came upon us, I knew that Isabella was just as confused by what Scott said as I was.

"Really?? Is that all you got??" She asked. Not at all affected, but in a way just amused by what he said.

Looking straight at the road, he was quiet for a few seconds before sighing out. "Yeah. That's all I got at the moment."

"Thought so." She responded in a matter of factly tone. "And by the way, werewolves don't shed their fur. Even hybrids so, try thinking up something better next time."

"Really?? You don't??" He asked and I took that as my que to turn towards my friend as I slowly shook my head before looking back at the road.

"Oh. I really would have thought that you guys shed your fur. Well, it's nice to know then." Was all he said before a comforting silence came upon us which I was utterly thankful for. But for my amusement's sake....

Bella 1: Scott 0

My cousin was now looking out of the window while Scott seemed to be thinking hard about something.

I wanted to enjoy a bit of silence so it was nice that they were both busy at the moment.

"How about sniffing each other's asses?? Do you guys do the butt sniffy thing?? You know, too... Greet each other when you're in your other form, or..."

Spoke too soon.

"Ugh, Imma head out of here for a bit." I heard my wolf, Helios, say before blocking off our connection.