Chapter 21 - The Start of Change

Jayden's POV

It was well passed 12 noon and I was wondering why Cole hasn't arrived yet. Last night, Brody told me that he'd be here this morning but I don't know what's keeping him.

I was getting a bit hungry so I decided to pause my work for now and get myself something to eat.

Everyone was a bit busy preparing for the arrival of the Rogue Alphas tomorrow. And with the fact that I still had to continuously look up Bloodrose's defences with Mikey to make sure that the pack was safe, it only made me even busier than I normally was.

"Hey, I was just about to come up to your office." I gave out a small smile when I saw my mate standing at the bottom of the stairs.

"I was a bit hungry. Is anything wrong??" I asked.

"No. I was a little hungry myself so I just wanted to come up and ask you if you wanted anything." She responded. As I now stood in front of her.

"As sandwich would be good."

"A ham sandwich??" She asked me with a knowing smirk on her face.

"You know me so well." I mused before giving her a peck on her forehead.

"C'mon. I'll go make us some in the kitchen." Going on ahead, I walked right behind her as we entered the kitchen. And as she went to get the things she needed to make some sandwiches, I just went to sit down on a chair at the table.

"Are the kids upstairs?? I could fix them up some sandwiches to if they're hungry." I heard her say as she took out some thing from inside of the fridge.

"I don't think so. Their scents were faint upstairs." I answered. "Maybe they're hanging out somewhere outside??"

"I've been checking on some things around the pack all morning. I haven't seen them since breakfast." She said.

Finding it a bit weird that we haven't seem them, I opened up some links with the patrol wolves on duty and ask them if they've seen them.

I told my sons about Cole's arrival this morning and also told them that nobody was allowed outside of pack lands as a precautionary measure due to the things that were happening.

But something told me that they didn't really follow what I said.

AGAIN.

"Aaron and Chase not anywhere too?? How about Elizabeth??" I asked my mate.

"No. Not since breakfast as well." She answered and with that, I went to concentrate back on contacting the patrol wolves.

"Has anyone seen my daughter and two sons??" I asked.

"Sir, I think I saw Lucas's car driving out of the pack lands about one and a half hours ago." One of them informed and at that I let out a frustrated sigh.

'They're so grounded.' I thought to myself before going back to the link to ask the guard something else.

"Did you see who was inside of the car??"

"Along with your sons and daughter, I saw the first commander's son Aaron and Head Warrior Raphael's son Chase inside sir."

"He's so grounded when he gets back." I suddenly heard Mikey's voice say which surprised me a bit cause I didn't realize that he was listening. "And as an added bonus, I'm telling his mom."

"I'll call Lucas's phone and tell them to go back here immediately. And Aaron's not going to be the only one who's grounded." Shutting off the link, I turned back to my mate who already had a knowing look on her face.