CHAPTER THREE

Evelyn Banks

Evelyn Banks

I managed to successfully avoid Rafe for the days that followed after the whole car ride incident. I treated him as if he was invisible and I found him more tolerable that way. Everytime I visited the Cameron house hold I walked right past him, not acknowledging his presence or the ordeal that happened a few days ago. I could feel his eyes watching me discreetly but I didn't care, I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of knowing he gets under my skin.

Sarah invited me over today to help her pick out an outfit for a party she's going to on Saturday and apparently she couldn't just message me pics of them. So I do what I usually do and take the long drive down to their house, leaving the comfort of the chateau to be a good friend.

When I arrive Rafe is working on his motorbike in the front, cleaning it up with a rag as I park the car. As I get out he looks over at me, eyes narrowing as he scoffs.

"You might as well just move in-- you're here everyday of the week anyway" Rafe snorts, but I just roll my eyes at him, ignoring his commentary as I go inside and go up to Sarah's room.

"Your brother is so annoying" I sigh out as I collapse onto her bed beside the pile of clothes she's pulled out.

"Ugh tell me about it. I have to be related to that thing" Sarah says in disgust as she pulls a few more items out of her closet. She hums as she lifts up two options, a black fitting dress and a baby pink one.

"Pink" I say as I point, barely looking over at the item in her hand. She sets the black one down and hangs up the pink dress on her closet door.

"I don't get what his problem is with me, he acts like I've committed a crime and we've barely had a conversation" I huff as I stare up at her ceiling.

"Look that's Rafe for you, he'll make your life a living hell if he thinks he's better than you. Don't stress about it, he's not worth it" Sarah reassures me, and I nod in agreement. She's right, I'm wasting my breath on him.

After a good hour of reviewing Sarah's outfit choices and even trying on some of her clothes for her, we finally make a decision on a simple maroon dress. To me it sounded like it was just a regular house party so I advised her to just wear a dress. It didn't matter, Sarah would show up anyone at the party with her energy alone.

Ward insists on having me stay over for dinner as I'm just about to leave, although I resist at first I eventually give in and decide to not be rude and decline his offer. So I stay, texting my dad that I'll be home late as I sit down at the dinner table, unfortunately across from Rafe who narrows his eyes at me. I ignore him, picking at my food as I talk to Wheezie about this netflix show both of us are watching.