CHAPTER NINETEEN

Evelyn Banks

I purposely sat on the furthest sofa away from Rafe, partially because of his words earlier and because Sarah was a few feet away from us. I didn't want him to get frisky and start acting up by trying to touch and kiss me, so I played it safe by creating some distance between us. I could tell this somewhat bothered him, he kept glancing over at me from his seat-- narrowing his eyes at me before looking back at the screen with clear boredom in his eyes.

"This show sucks, you're only watching it because it's full of hot shirtless guys" Rafe complains as he looks over at Sarah, she smirks throwing a cushion at him.

"So you admit that they're hot?" Sarah smirks, her comment causes the two of them to start bickering, both sounding like a bunch of five year olds as they throw insults at each other.

"Okay, stop now-- me and Wheeze can't hear over you two fighting like immature kids" I scoff, moving to grab the remote from the coffee table-- turning up the volume to drown them out.

I probably last another two or three episodes before my eye lids start to weigh heavy, sleep starting to look more appealing as my head limps to the side as I slowly fall asleep. Wheeze is leaning on me, snoring lightly as she sleeps, she fell asleep two episodes ago and I don't blame her, the story line was slowing up.

"I'm gonna go to bed, night" I hum as I rub my eyes, carefully standing up as I gently shake Wheezie awake. I help her to her room before trudging over to Sarah's, collapsing onto her bed and falling asleep almost instantly when my head hits the pillow.

I hear her laughter before I see her, I smile-- a warm feeling emanating through my chest as I go outside onto the porch. I find her and my dad sitting with their legs dangling off the edge, her head leaning against his shoulder as they laugh about something they're talking about.

I don't interrupt them, I just lean against the frame of the backdoor and admire how close they are. My mother turns once she realizes I'm behind them, a smile clear on her face as she summons me over. I nod, moving forward to take a seat beside her-- humming as she wraps her arm around my waist and pulling me into her side.

"My beautiful girl-- me and your daddy were just talking about our big move next year" She beams, the biggest smile I've ever seen clear on her face.

"Big move?" I question her, confusion clear in my tone as I pull away to look up at her. She gives me an apologetic smile before turning to look at my dad.

"I thought you told her on the car ride home" She mutters to him before exhaling heavily and grasping ahold of my hand.

"Your father and I decided that we wanted to sell up the house in six months and by summer next year we'd move to Gold Coast-- Australia"

My eyebrows furrow in confusion at her words, my eyes narrowing at her as I pull away from her embrace-- shaking my head no as I stutter out a response.

"Sell the house? Move to Australia-- why the hell would we do that?" I exclaim, pushing back so I could face the both of them.

"We want a change of scenery and we thought it would be best for all of us--"

"All of us, or you two?" I scoff, earning me a sheepish look from my mother.