Bonus chapter

a/n: Since it's Christmas szn I thought I'd throw this chapter in :)  Plus I needed Rafe in his dilf era. Thank you for all the love & support! x

_______

She hums, the covers still pulled over her shoulders as she begins to stir awake. Although suspicious of the lack of noise, Evelyn keeps her eyes shut, savouring the warmth and solace her bed has her wrapped in. Eventually she pries herself out from the sheets, a yawn leaving her lips as she stretches and checks the time.

"Rafe" She calls out, realising the space beside her is empty and has been long enough for his side to be cold.

Confusion fills her at both his and their six month old's absence, who is no longer in her crib when she quickly peers over the side of the room. The feeling eases when she hears the faint hum of Rafe in the kitchen and their son's laughter.

Pulling Rafe's hoodie over her to shield her from the cold, she quietly leaves the room and makes her way to the kitchen. The sight before her makes her chest warm and a smile grow on her lips as she watches her family in awe.

Rafe is gently bouncing their daughter in his arms, holding a bottle to her lips as he quietly hums and places soft kisses against her skin. Their son sits at the kitchen table, laughing at the cartoon playing on the TV while he eats the pancakes Rafe's made him.

Being a dad suited him surprisingly well, if someone had told Rafe six years ago he'd be doing exactly this, he would've laughed in their face or denied settling for such a simple life. Now he was up early, careful not to wake his wife as he tends to their children.

"Look who's finally up. Sleeping in on Christmas day, not a good start baby" Rafe teases, clearly joking as he smiles at Evelyn. She kisses their two year old first, practically suffocating him in a hug before she swiftly moves toward Rafe.

"I was wondering why it was so peaceful" Evelyn hums as she presses a kiss to his cheek before she does the same to their daughter.

"Coffee is already on honey, I gotta run some errands for the dinner later" Rafe says as he moves and leans against the counter, still feeding their daughter as he watches his wife pick at the plate of pancakes.

"Remember Sarah sent the list..."

"Which you forwarded to me, don't worry I remembered" He finishes her sentence, causing Evelyn to roll her eyes at the smug smile on his face.

"You won't be smiling later when she kills you for forgetting something, which you always do" Evelyn moves to take over, attempting to reach for their daughter when Rafe tuts and moves away.

"Finish your breakfast, I'll go finish up and change her"

Evelyn thanks him before moving to pour herself a cup of coffee and sitting beside their son. An hour later she's showered and watching over the kids while she finishes up wrapping the last of the gifts.

"Do you think daddy's gonna like it? Hmm?" Evelyn coos at her daughter who's laying back on her play mat, babbling and reaching her hands out to her.

When she's finished talking to her baby who clearly can't give her an opinion on the gift, she wraps it up and puts Rafe's name on the label. The phone beside her vibrates, a text from her husband that he's on the way home.