CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

(Warning: smut in this chapter!! So please skip if it's too much)

Also unedited because sis cbf going over this chapter lmao <3

Evelyn Banks

My hand was gripping my phone so hard my knuckles were turning white-- I was convinced that if I had squeezed a little harder, my phone would completely crumble in my hands. I thanked Barry for the heads up after pressing him for as much information as possible before hanging up.

Rafe texted me last night asking for his usual, told me not to tell you. This is the first time he's messaged me in months.

My phone is still clasped in my hands long after the call has ended, my mind occupied as I process what Barry just told me. I feel my sadness subside and a mixture of anger and disappointment replace it as I push away from Rafe's bed, preparing myself to confront him.

I saunter down the stairs, keeping my pace hasty as I move quick to find him with my phone clutched tightly in my hand. He's in the kitchen, head deep in the fridge as he raids it, pulling out food to cook. He glances at me, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion when he notices the expression on my face.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know, you tell me" I bite back, causing him to narrow his eyes at me before he lets out a dry chuckle-- shutting the fridge door as he moves to place the items in his arms down.

"Look, Evie-- if this is about Sarah, I already told you, she'll come around--"

"This isn't about Sarah-- this is about you buying from Barry last night" I state before I unlock my phone to show him the screenshot of his message that Barry sent me. Rafe curses under his breath, his hand moving to push his hair out of his face.

"I told that asshole not to tell you-- I knew this is how you'd react" Rafe sighs out, earning a humourless chuckle from me.

"I'm sorry how else am I supposed to react when I find out that you broke your promise of staying clean and tried to hide it from me" I say sarcastically.

"This is just a big misunderstanding, I didn't buy it for me-- it's for Kelce, he wanted some for his weekend trip with some of the guys" He explains, his tone sounding too genuine-- desperate almost, yet still my eyes are narrowed at him in suspicion. He sighs in realization that I'm still wary of his explanation before elaborating.

"I have proof, just wait here-- I'll grab my phone" He says before he moves out of the room, practically bounding down the stairs when he's retrieved his phone. He scrolls on it until he reaches what he's looking for before handing me his phone, trusting me to read it.

Kelce: Hey man can you hook me up with some of that good shit your guy sells. Need it for the weekend rager I'm going to.

Relief washes over me as I read the text message, an exhale emanating from my lips as I look up at him from his phone.

"See? I was just doing him a favour" Rafe mutters out, a sheepish look on his face as his eyes examine mine carefully. I sigh heavily before handing him his phone back, pulling him into a hug a few moments later.

"I'm sorry I doubted you, I just have trust issues with the whole drug addiction thing-- you know with my dad and all"

"I know, that's completely reasonable. But I promise you I haven't touched it in months-- I meant what I said" He murmurs into my hair as he strokes it, and I nod in understanding at his words.