Summer Vacay Pt.3

~(Y/N's POV)~

I laughed as we got off the ride, Davin looking like he was going to puke. Dani ran him to the bathroom, which left me with the three skeletons. "That was awesome!" Killer said. "Hell yeah, it was!" I said, giving him a double high-five. "We should go on another one!" Dust said, a light sparkling in his eyes. Was he smiling? "I don't think I've ever seen you this happy, Dusty Buns," Killer said, making Dust turn light purple. "I-I was having fun..," he said, hiding his face in the scarf.

"What about, Nightmare? Did you have fun?" I asked, turning to the mostly silent King. He seemed almost startled? "The suffering of the little jackass was pretty enjoyable," he said. "You mean Davin? He's Dani's little brother." Nightmare's eye narrowed as he looked off. "I don't like him." I shrugged off his random anger and directed my attention to the two humans walking back. "Hey guys! Let's go get something to eat. Davin just puked up his breakfast."

I smiled and turned to the skeletons, who nodded. Except Nightmare, he was staring off with an angry glare. "Nightmare?" "Yes, (Y/N)?" he asked, turning back to me. His pupil widened slightly and he cleared his throat. "Was I being quiet?" "Yeah, you were just staring off into the distance. Like you're in some music video or something." Killer laughed hysterically and almost fell over. "Shut up, you little rat," Nightmare said, causing Killer to laugh more. A couple of chuckles escaped my mouth.

"Anyways, Nightmare, I said we should go get some food! You down?" Dani said, smiling up at him. The height difference was absolutely sending me. "I suppose I am a bit hungry," he said. "Why do you talk so fancy? It sounds...kinda stupid," Davin said. I'm sure he didn't mean to sound like an ass, but boy did he. "For your information, you incell, I am Royalty, thank you." Davin and Dani's jaws dropped. "Like a King?!" Dani said, smiling widely. "Precisely, Dani," he said, smiling a bit.

"That's so cool!" "Uh, sorry I guess, your Majesty..." I snickered at the two's reactions, polar opposites. "No need to talk so fancy. Boss isn't nearly as Kingly as you would think, Dav. He's just an assho-" Nightmare whacked Killer upside the head with a tentacle, making Dust and I laugh. "Shut up, Killer. Before I turn you into dust." "What does Dust have to do with anything?" Dani asked, confused. "No, Dani. When monsters die, they turn into dust. Not Dust the skeleton, but like dust on old furniture."

Nightmare patted my shoulder, smiling proudly. "Absolutely correct, (Y/N). You're quite intelligent for such a young human," he said. I felt heat rise to my face from the compliment, Dani wrapped her arms around me and buried her face in my chest. "Thys is the smartest person I know! They're also, like, the best!" My face only heated up more as I stroked Dani's hair. She was such an affectionate person sometimes, and it was adorable. "C'mon, stop being cute. I'm hungry," Dust said, tugging at the scarf.

Dani let go and we started walking to the nearest restaurant, which was probably the most expensive one, considering the gold literally everywhere. "Crap, let's keep looking-" I said, getting cut off by Nightmare's hand on my shoulder. "I'll pay, don't worry." Killer whooped and hugged Dust, who looked like he wanted to absolutely kill himself. "Thank you, Night!" I said, seeing Nightmare's pupil widen again and a careful nod. I noticed his grip had tightened, too.

We walked inside and got a table, or...tried to. "I-I'm sorry, sir. We d-don't have any tables for s-s-six available. We have a table of f-four and t-two on the same level, th-though." "That'll be fine," Nightmare said. The guy nodded and lead us up, first to the table of four. Killer and Dani sat down, Davin following suit. "(Y/N), did you want to sit with them?" Dust asked, cocking an eyebrow. "No, it's okay! That way you can get to talk with Killer and Dani!" Dust smiled and sat down, while the guy led us a bit away to a table of two.

Nightmare and I sat down, watching the dude practically run off. "He seemed to be in a hurry," I said, Nightmare nodding. "Can't blame him. I am pretty terrifying to most. You're the exception, my Darling." My face heated up and I opened the menu to cover it. Nightmare chuckled a bit and opened his own. "So, um..," Nightmare glanced at me, cocking an eyebrow. "Yes?" I felt myself get a bit nervous, so I just dropped it and quickly switched my question. "Did you have fun?"

Nightmare smiled slightly. "I did, actually. I'm not a fan of rollercoasters, but...well, I guess having you there made it fun...I mean, uh-" I covered my mouth as I laughed a bit, watching Nightmare relax a bit. "I had fun with you there too, Night." He smiled sheepishly, which I didn't think was possible. "Ah, so what are you getting?" "Hm...I don't- Ooh! They have my favorite, (F/F)!" Nightmare smiled and nodded, looking at the item on the menu. "That does sound good...I think I'll try it too."

"You've never had it? It's the best! Here, you can pick dessert!" Nightmare skimmed the dessert section and his eye lit up. "Can we do apple pie? I haven't had it since I was a little kid..," he said, smiling fondly. I have no idea how anyone can think he's scary. He might be intimidating when you first meet him, but he's really the sweetest person I've ever met, even more than Frisk! "That sounds great, Night! What are you getting to drink?" Before he could answer, the waiter came over, visibly shaking.

"H-Hello, sir...u-uh, are you r-ready to order?" "Yes, I'll order for both of us. A bottle of Rosé Imperial, two orders of (F/F), and the dessert will be two orders of apple pie. And do hurry with the wine," Nightmare said. The waiter scribbled it down, bowed, and ran off. "Nightmare, I can't drink! I'm only 18!" Nightmare smirked slightly and put a finger to his mouth. "I guess it'll be our secret. Besides, I think you'll like the Rosé, Darling." I blushed at the nickname and nodded.

"Wait, you're 18 and you've never had alcohol?" Nightmare said, confused. I rubbed my neck and looked down. "Once or twice...but never on purpose! It was always at prom, and always because the punch was spiked." "Who did you go to prom with?" "Oh, I went with Dani both times as friends. She always turned down going with other people to make me go..," I said, smiling. Nightmare smiled and nodded, content with my answer. "I think after dinner, it'll be time to head home."

Date: 7/24/22 22:02

Word count: 1135