"Date" or Date?

~(Y/N)'s POV~

We used the portal in the castle to get to another AU, one I didn't recognize. No shit, I've only been to, like, three. "Um...where are we, Cross?" Cross smiled and used the arm around my shoulders to pull me closer. My heart rate increased, as did the pigment in my cheeks. "Underswap! There's this great taco stand in the town center," Cross said, smiling. I couldn't help but smile, too. What? It's not like its a date or anything. (Oh, really (Y/N)?)

We continued walking through the small town, Cross's arm never leaving my shoulders. Another skeleton, one the same height as Killer approached, his blue scarf flowing in the wind. "Cross, hello! Who's this?" Cross smiled. Wow he had a nice smile. Nightmare never smiles that that, not even at me. "This is (Y/N), I'm taking them out for dinner and a picnic." "Ooh~" The skeleton said, wiggling his eyebrows. "Okay, who the hell are you?!" I said, a little angry.

The skeleton flinched a bit, but smiled nonetheless. "I'm Sans, but you probably guessed that, Mweh heh...I-I go by Blueberry, at least across the Multiverse!" The name resonated quickly as one the the three original Stars. "Oh, sorry. Nice to meet you, Blue. I've, uh, heard about you." The skeleton's face turned a bit blue, a wide smile on his face. "Really?! From who?!" "Nightmare. He told me a lot about your side when you were enemies."

The excitement died down almost immediately. "O-Oh, well...I-I'm not a bad person, I-" "I know, Blue. He never said anything too mean about you. Just that you were a bit loud and talkative. But he also said he was impressed at how you managed to keep up with two major Gods despite being a mortal." Blue's face was once again turning blue, and once again, featured a wide smile. "I am the Magnificent Sans, after all!" After the odd exchange, the skeleton ran off. I was...confused.

"Don't worry too much about him. He's, uh, not all there. Can't blame him, with how much time he spends with Ink. That guy..." I snickered and we continued on until we reached the taco stand. Cross paid for, like, ten tacos. "Cross, why did you buy so many tacos?" "I'm really hungry, sorry..," "Nonono! It's fine, I wasn't judging you or anything!" We got our drinks and walked over to a park, close to the entrance of Mount Ebott. "This is it, (Y/N)." 

We sat down and started eating in a comfortable silence. "So, (Y/N)...tell me your story. I want to know more about how you ended up so cool." I felt my face heat up and I scratched my cheek. "N-Nothing interesting. I was kidnapped by Killer and Dust, but I was let go after Nightmare got back from...something. He and I kept in contact because I was never really that scared of him. He kinda told me about the Multiverse. Kinda, I say. He never said much about anything, not even himself."

"Um, I was actually one of the reasons he surrendered. We...stopped talking after that until just recently. I'm still kinda pissed about that..," I said, taking another bite out of my taco.  "What about...before? I mean, your AU. What was it like?" "O-Oh, um...Nothing important either. I lived with my mom and step-dad. Uh, I tutored my world's Frisk who, like, just freed the monsters." Cross started laughing. "W-What?"

"The fact you started with meeting Nightmare. It's like, that's all you even know about yourself." I shrugged and took another bite of the taco, finishing my first one. "What about you?" Cross seemed genuinely surprised. "You...don't know?" "Nope," I said, popping the 'P', "Nightmare never really went into detail about anything. Never even mentioned you." Cross chuckled. "Because I totally beat his ass." 

"Huh?! How?!" Cross told me about...well, his past. His AU, what it was like...the X-Event. Being possessed by Chara constantly. Being pulled in two directions by the Twin Gods. He talked about how terrible it was. "Cross, I...I'm sorry..." "Huh? Oh shit, didn't mean to, like, trauma dump on you. Hell of a date, huh?" I started to talk but stopped myself. Date? Wait fuck was this a date? I mean, its not like I mind but I feel really dumb-

"So, how'd I do?" "Huh?" "Like, would you maybe wanna do this again? We could go to a buffet and then maybe we can go back to your place and I can bake you something..?" I felt my hear4t skip a beat. "I..." I though about Nightmare, and how we were in this weird phase. He never wanted to do anything like that. "I...would love to go on another date with you, Cross."

Sorry for the short chapter, I'm still really sick. Hopefully this chapter pisses some people off lol

Date: 10/07/22 17:17

Word Count: 802