Confession

WARNING: Suggestive (sexually)

~Nightmare's POV~

Killer and Horror continued talking. Well, Killer talked and Horror would interject once in a while. He was telling him all about the humans from GemTale. "(Y/N)..," I said, looking out the window of the living room. I was able to sit in a chair all the way in the darkest corner of the room, curtesy of Dream. "What was that, Nightmare?" Ink said, turning to me as he came through the door. Cross was behind him, his clothes more disheveled than normal.

 "Nothing that concerns yo-" "He's thinking about his 'Darling'!" Killer said, giggling and kicking his feet like a kid. "Yer Darlin'? Who the hell is that, Boss?" Horror said, his arm around Killer's shoulder. I swear they were a gay couple or something. "It's (Y/N), the human Killer and I kidnapped. From GemTale?" Horror made some scoffing/chuckling noise in response and I clenched my fists. "Shut it, both of you." "𝔄𝔴, 𝔶𝔬𝔲'𝔯𝔢 𝔰𝔬𝔣𝔱, 𝔊𝔬𝔬𝔭𝔶~" Reaper said, floating beside me.

"Says the one with a hard on for a walking corpse." I said, referencing the God's boyfriend, Geno. "ℌ𝔢𝔶𝔶!" He crossed his arms and pouted like a child. "WAIT WHAAA?!" Dream yelled, running to my side. Blue chuckled and sweat dropped from his spot on the floor, Ink looking skeptical. "YOU HAVE A LOVER?! OH, BROTHER, I-" "We're not lovers, they are merely my friend, you dimwit. I am not capable of loving anyone, as I am a being of pure negativity."

Okay, so that's a lie. But honestly, how would anyone know any better. Dream seemed to damped, that was, until Killer spoke up again. "Nah, he loves them! He was carrying them after getting them drunk off wine! And- and then!" "Then he took them up to his room with him for the night. Super dtf-y," Dust finished, sipping the can of beer. "T-That isn't-" "Did ya jus' stutter? Ah, Boss, ya got it bad..," Horror said, smirking a bit.

I growled and stood abruptly, making Dream and Cross flinch. Ink was zoned out, muttering to himself. "If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go soak up negativity from some universes." I created a portal with one of my tentacles and left through it, making sure to seal it up so none of those idiots could follow me. I swear, I have no idea what their issue is.

~(Y/N)"s POV~

I flopped back onto my bed and sighed. God, this is boring as fuck. It was just one of those days where I wanted to sleep all day. But in my case, my pain in the ass mom wouldn't let me. The bitch (felt that, y/n. felt that). I sighed again and put one arm over my face. "Something the matter?" I smiled and looked to the corner of my room, where Nightmare walked out with a small smile. "Hey, Night. It's been a hot sec, huh?" It'd been a month, actually.

"I was starting to think you forgot about me," I murmured, a tinge of sadness overcoming me. "Nonsense, I was just...well, I've been busy. Now that the Stars are a coalition of a pantheon of Gods fighting against anomalous and harmful outcodes...work has been difficult," he said, sitting beside me. "No time for lil' old human me, I get it." "(Y/N), don't say such things. It's...hurtful to me."

I sat up and cocked an eyebrow, Nightmare turning quickly to avoid my gaze. "What do you mean by that?" "..." "Night." "..." "Nightmare, I swear I will tackle you-" Nightmare remained silent for several seconds and I took my chance to pounce. I grabbed his shoulders and flipped on tope of him, finally making him look at me. His eye was narrow and slightly shocked, but more...embarrassed, I think?

I sat on his hipbones and let off with my hands, crossing my arms in front of my chest. "Now tell me: what did you mean?" Nightmare squirmed, trying to get out from under me. I seemed every time he would move, however, he would get more uncomfortable. One of his bones was hard against my thigh, but I didn't know off the top of my head which one it was. It felt like a thicker rib, but I don't recall anything like that near the pelvic region...

"You...d-don't need to worry about it, D-Darling," he finally said, his voice barely a whisper. "Nightmare, c'mon! I thought you were my friend..," I said, pouting. Nightmare, instead of being guilt-tripped, just looked angry. "That's just it." "Huh? What do-" "I don't want to be your friend anymore, (Y/N)." My heart felt like it broke into pieces. He...what? I felt my eyes start to burn as tears welled up behind them. I shut my eyes in an attempt to keep the water works in check.

"I want to be your lover..,"

...what.

"I know it may seem sudden, but I've had these feelings for a while an-"

"Nightmare."

The King glanced up, his single eye small and twitching. "Y-Yes, Darling?" I opened my eyes as tears leaked from the side, a smile crossing my lips. "Y-You mean it?" Nightmare seemed to relax as a smile fell across his own face. "With all of my SOUL, (Y/N)." I smiled and leaned forward, wrapping my arms around his neck. We embraced for what seemed like hours before I sat back up, already missing the odd warmth. 

"I suppose I should ask more formally...(Y/N), would you do me the immense honor of allowing me to call you mine? Will you let me be your...b-boyfriend?" he said, a slight stutter on the final word. I smiled and nodded, replying quietly. "Of course, Nighty. I would really like that..." We sat there in each other's embrace, smiling. Who would've thought? The King of everything negative and me, a simple human. 

Truly a fairytale brought to life.

Date: 8/7/22 22:47

Word Count: 966