The Deal

~(Y/N's POV, 1 month later...)~

I smiled as Dani continued talking about her new crush. "Oh, I think you would like them, (Y/N)!" I chuckled and sipped on the iced tea she gave me. "I bet I would, they sound a lot like me, lol." Davin, from the kitchen, yelled back: "DID YOU JUST SAY LOL?!" Dani and I laughed at the pain of poor old Davin. "So, what about you, Thys? Any crushes?"\

"Oh, well..." My mind went to Nightmare. In the last month, he visited more and took me to hang out with him, too. I could never tell if he actually liked me or if it was just his normal, teasing self. I had decided it was just teasing and pushed down any hope I had of him liking me back. "I do like someone, but I know they don't feel the same. It feels like they might sometimes, but I know it's just them being a tease..."

Dani frowned and placed her hand over mine. "Oh, Thys...this person would be stupid not to love you! I mean, I do!" I flushed slightly as Dani smiled. God, she was so fucking cute. Have I mentioned that? Before I could say anything, my phone rang. 'Nightmare'. "Give me a sec, Dani. I need to take this." She smiled and nodded, allowing me to get up. I walked outside her house and took the call.

"Hey Nightmare!" "It finally fucking happened, (Y/N). Dust left. And Killer, he's...he's in really bad shape. Dust joined the other side mid-battle and he- he-" "Woah, Night, slow down. Dust defected?" "Yeah, he did. And the fucking bastard- HE ALMOST KILLED KILLER, I-" "Nightmare, calm down. Do you want to come over?"  "I can't. I have to stay with Killer to make sure his SOUL doesn't crack more..."

"What?! His SOUL is cracking?! Nightmare, when you said hurt-" "I know, (Y/N), I know. I'm so goddamn angry, I- I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE, AFTER EVERYTHING I DID FOR HIM?! AND HE JUST...BACKSTABBS ME?!" I covered my mouth and sighed. I didn't think Dust would defect, let alone hurt Killer this bad.  "(Y/N)." "Yes, Night?" "I'm...thinking about surrendering." "What? Nightmare, are you serious?"

"I just...Killer's in such bad shape and... I don't think I can do this anymore. I just want to be able to relax without worrying if I'll be killed in my sleep. Horror may have had the resolve to not tell those sadists where the base was, but Dust doesn't have that. He doesn't play fair. I can't, (Y/N). What do you think? What should I do, Darling?" I looked around at the neighborhood. Monsterkind and humankind were getting along so well. Opposites that hated each other for years. Were Nightmare and Dream that similar?

"Nightmare, I know you want me to tell you to stay strong, but I think that would be for the best. If everyone was on the same side, then there would be no more fights, no more bloodshed. Killer would be okay. Just because you're on the same side doesn't mean you have the same views. And you can always visit negative AUs, right? Being on their side means you'd be able to do that in peace. Nightmare, in my opinion...I think you should strike a deal with your brother."

"...Alright, I will. Do you think it'll go well?" "If it's just Dream or Blue, yes. If Ink or anyone else is there...I don't know. See if you can talk to him when he's sleeping. Maybe you can tell him to meet you at some AU, alone. Tell him what you told me, Night, and I'm sure he'll be elated to have you back." "Alright...alright, I'll do it. I'll do it tonight. I'll see you soon, okay?" "Okay, goodbye, Night." "Bye, Darling"

~(Nightmare's POV)~

I closed my eyes and entered the Dreamscape, a place where the Multiverse's subconscious were at my fingertips. I searched through the infinite mass of dreams until I reached my dear 'brother's. I entered as quietly as I could and saw...us. Under the tree, laughing and talking. I slowly approached Dream, a dark shadow casting over his face. "Nightmare!" "Meet me in ChessTale's Ruins. Now. Wake up, Dream."

I exited his dream as the world greyed, signaling he was waking up. I checked on Killer one last time before creating a portal to ChessTale and stepping through. It was quiet, which was quite eerie. I waited by the pillar that Toriel would usually hide behind, crossing my arms. Not long after, I heard footsteps. "Nightmare? Brother, are you there?" I sighed and stepped off, meeting Dream.

"Nightmare! I- What do you want?!" "If you're that suspicious, why did you come in the first place?" Dream's brows furrowed and he frowned, an odd look on him. "If it's something stupid, I'm leaving, brother." "It's not, Dream. Look, I...I hate to do this, you know? I...I want to make a deal with you." Dream seemed shocked. I can't blame him. "A...deal?"

"Yes. Consider this me...surrendering." Dream's mouth hung agape. "You...you're giving up? You mean it, brother?" "Yes, Dream. But, on one condition. You let the AUs full of negativity persist, and you'll let me kill a few people from time to time. It does the same thing for me as helping people does to you. In return, I won't destroy or go on mass murdering sprees. And I'd also like if you could heal Killer. His SOUL is damaged severely."

Dream seemed stunned still, but blinked a few times. "I...I agree, brother...but I want you to promise me that you'll hold to your word." I stuck my hand out, and Dream's clasped it gentle. "I swear, Dream. I promise you I'll keep my word if you keep yours." "And I promise that I will hold to my word, no matter what." We shook before a pang hit my SOUL. Promises were taxed onto SOULs when bound between two.

"Okay, so...Killer needs to be healed? I'll get Sci. Hold on, okay?" I nodded as Dream created a golden portal and left. I reached into my pocket for my phone and texted (Y/N) 'It worked. He said yes.' They typed back 'I knew you could do it <3' and I think my SOUL almost broke through my chest. "Alright, this way, Sci." I slipped the phone back into my pocket and looked up, where Dream led Sci in by his hand.

"NIGHTMARE?!" Sci seemed to panic, but Dream just giggled. "No, it's okay! He's on our side!" Sci glanced between me and Dream, looking for conformation. "Yes, it's true. Now, are you going to heal him?" Dream smiled, "Sci will, he's the best healer aside from Lust." I nodded and opened a portal, letting the others walk ahead of me. I lead them up to Killer's room. "Heya, Boss..."

"Killer...you're awake?" "Yeah, I guess...who's behind you?" I stepped aside and let Dream adn Sci in, which panicked Killer. "B-BOSS!" "Calm down, Killer. I brought them to heal you. I...I gave up, I'm sorry," I said. Killer's face was nearly indescribable, but it looked pained, disappointed, and afraid. "But...what will happen to us, now?" "You two will be welcomed into our home, Killer. You're a good guy now, okay?"

A/N: Aaaand, here we go! I don't have much more planned beyond the 20th chapter, so hopefully you guys don't mind it ending quickly. If you have any other ships, UT or not, you can dm me and I'll write one. I love you all, bye!

Date: 7/25/22 22:12

Word count: 1242