Who's the Best Kisser?

~(Y/N)'s POV~

I groaned and opened my eyes, feeling a hand holding onto mine. It was Nightmare, sleeping peacefully. His cheeks looked so squishy when he slept, aww. I poked them slightly and it woke him up, oops. "Good morning, (Y/N)..," he said, looking at me all adorable like. "G'morning. Did you sleep well?" "Yes..." He rolled over to face me, smiling slightly. "How did you sleep, Darling?" I snickered and held his hand gently, brining it to my lips and kissing it. "Really good, actually."

"I'm kinda hungry though..." "I'm sure Horror has made breakfast...why don't you go downstairs?" I didn't want to tell him I had no idea where I was going, so I just nodded and got out of the bed. As I left the room, I checked to see if I had my phone. Thankfully, I had grabbed it while I was leaving. I shot a text to Cross asking if he was awake. 'Yeah' 'Can u come get me?? Im hungyyy' Cross left me on read, but soon he was in view. He was in a white tank top with black shorts and a white X on one of the sides.

"Hey, (Y/N)," Cross said, smiling. "Hey. you mentioned cooking for me yesterday..." Cross chuckled and held his hand out, which I gladly took. We intertwined fingers and started walking through the castle together. "Hey Cross?" "Hm?" "If you were one of the Stars, how do you know the layout so well?" Cross froze. Oh shit. "...I wasn't always a good guy, (Y/N)." Cross turned to me, his face conflicted and pained. "I used to do...really bad things. During the X-Event." I frowned and squeezed his hand gently to reassure him.

"It doesn't matter what you did then, Cross. You weren't 'you'. Besides, if I were in that situation...I'd probably do the same thing." Cross chuckled and smiled, leaving us in a comfortable silence as we made our way to the kitchen. I sat down on a barstool and Cross started cooking. He brought me some coffee, which I wasn't a fan of, but I was freezing cold. I took a sip and smiled- it wasn't coffee, it was hot cocoa! "Thanks, Cross!"

Cross chuckled and continued cooking. After some time, he spoke up. "Did Nightmare, uh, do anything to you?" "Mm, not really. He kissed me, though." Cross almost dropped the carton of eggs, but caught it. "He WHAT?!" Cross walked over and grabbed my shoulders. "He kissed you?!" "Yeah, the first time was just pathetic, though." Cross looked like he wanted to talk again, but something behind me caught his eye. He glared, which was weird. He looked back at me. 

"I have a question: do you think I kiss better?" "What do you-" "Can I kiss you, (Y/N)?" I felt my face heating up- where was this coming from. "It doesn't have to mean anything, I'm just curious..." he said quieter, his face turning purple. Okay, fair enough. I nodded and felt Cross's thumb rub my bottom lip before our mouths connected. Immediately my body was flooded with euphoria, a feeling I wasn't used to.

Something about the way he kissed was different from Nightmare- he radiated confidence and happiness, while Nightmare's was more gentle, but scared. He pulled away after a while, breathing heavily. I guess they do need air. I felt myself panting a bit, as well. "S-So, who's better?" "Stars it's...totally you...jeez..." I held my head, feeling like I was floating for a minute or so afterwards. "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU JUST DO?!" Nightmare stormed into the room, his tentacles breaking things left and right.

Cross summoned dual blades and held them up. "Get back, you fucking creep!" The two almost started fighting before blue strings grabbed Cross's arms and blades, while pink chains were wrapped around Nightmare's extra limbs. Two skeletons walking into the room: a tri-color skeleton with glitches and...scarf boy! "You!" I said, pointing. Scarf boy looked around and then at me, pointing to himself. "Yes, you! The hell is your name, scarf kid?!" "Uh, Ink? Who are you?" "Who am-" "Dσɳ'ƚ ɯσɾƙ ყσυɾʂҽʅϝ υρ σʋҽɾ ԋιɱ. Hҽ'ʂ ʂƚυριԃ," the other skeleton said, going to make coffee.

"Error, you're so mean!" Ink said, pouting. He sat next to me, but was facing Nightmare and Cross. "So...why're you guys fighting?" The two began yelling over each other like fucking kids. Why in the world did I ever find either of them attractive? "Woah, woah, pals! Nightmare, you go first." "I decided to check on (Y/N) from the shadows to make sure they got to the kitchen, where I saw Cross force himself on them," he said, angrily. I sighed and shook my head. "What's wrong, pal?" Ink asked. "Cross didn't force himself on me." "But-" "I let him."

~Nightmare's POV~

It felt like the entire Multiverse had collapsed when they said that. They let him kiss them? Did they not really care about me? Was I nothing to them? But last night... "...I see." I walked out of the room, trying to not sound as if I was absolutely crushed. I found myself retreating into the throne room, sitting atop it. The same place that had made me most powerful was now the place I was retreating to at my weakest.

"Sσɱҽσɳҽ'ʂ ιɳ α Ⴆαԃ ɱσσԃ. Wԋαƚ ԋαρρҽɳҽԃ σʋҽɾ ƚԋҽɾҽ?" "Leave, Error. I'm not in the mood." Error sighed and his footsteps got closer until he was beside me. He formed himself a swing and sat down, swinging his feet. "Iʂ ιƚ σʋҽɾ ƚԋαƚ ԋυɱαɳ? I ƚԋσυɠԋƚ ყσυ ʂαιԃ ყσυ ƈσυʅԃɳ'ƚ ϝҽҽʅ ρσʂιƚιʋҽ ҽɱσƚισɳʂ?" "I can't, which is the issue. I've been trying to figure out how it's possible that...that they make me happy." Error sighed and put something in front of me. It was a coffee cup.

I took it and let the warmth radiate into my hands before taking a sip. Black, just as I like it. "Eɱσƚισɳʂ αɾҽ ɯҽιɾԃ, Nιɠԋƚɱαɾҽ. Nσ σɳҽ υɳԃҽɾʂƚαɳԃʂ ƚԋҽɱ, ɳσƚ ҽʋҽɳ ყσυ σɾ Dɾҽαɱ." "Dream? And how do you know?" "Aϝƚҽɾ ƚԋҽყ Ⴆɾσƙҽ υρ, Dɾҽαɱ ԃҽƈιԃҽԃ I ɯαʂ ƚԋҽ Ⴆҽʂƚ ρҽɾʂσɳ ƚσ ƈσɱҽ ƚσ ϝσɾ ƈσɱϝσɾƚ. Nσ ιԃҽα ɯԋყ, Ⴆυƚ ԋҽ ƚԋιɳƙʂ σϝ ɱҽ αʂ ԋιʂ ϝɾιҽɳԃ ɳσɯ. Hҽ ƚσʅԃ ɱҽ ԋҽ ԃιԃɳ'ƚ ƙɳσɯ ɯԋყ ιƚ ԋυɾƚ ʂσ Ⴆαԃ ɯԋҽɳ ƚԋҽყ Ⴆɾσƙҽ υρ, ҽʂρҽƈιαʅʅყ Ⴆҽƈαυʂҽ ԋҽ ҽxρҽƈƚҽԃ ιƚ."

"They?" "Yσυ ԃιԃɳ'ƚ ƙɳσɯ? Cɾσʂʂ αɳԃ Dɾҽαɱ ɯҽɾҽ ԃαƚιɳɠ ϝσɾ αႦσυƚ α ყҽαɾ αɳԃ α ԋαʅϝ. Tԋҽყ Ⴆɾσƙҽ υρ α ɯҽҽƙ σɾ ʂσ αϝƚҽɾ ƚԋҽ ɱҽɾɠҽ." I had no idea Cross and Dream were romantically involved, much less that they broke up. "I was unaware of this. This only makes me want to kill him more." "Tԋιʂ ɱҽɾɠҽ ɯαʂ ʂƚυριԃ. I ɱιʂʂ ƚԋҽ ɠσσԃ σʅԃ ԃαყʂ σϝ Ⴆҽιɳɠ αႦʅҽ ƚσ ԃҽʂƚɾσყ αʂ I ρʅҽαʂҽԃ. Kιʅʅҽɾ αɳԃ Hσɾɾσɾ ɱιʂʂ Ⴆҽιɳɠ αႦʅҽ ƚσ ƙιʅʅ αʂ α ɾҽʅҽαʂҽ. Tԋҽყ ƚԋιɳƙ ƚԋҽ ɯԋσʅҽ 'ƚαʅƙιɳɠ ιƚ συƚ' ƚԋιɳɠ ιʂ ϝυƈƙιɳɠ ʂƚυριԃ."

"I agree completely; it's inane." Error chuckled and grabbed a chocolate bar from his portal, opening it and putting it up to his face. He savored the smell before allowing his tongues to grasp the chocolate and pull it into his mouth. "That's disgusting." "Tԋαɳƙ ყσυ," he said, with an almost innocent smile (Like the cute one from Underverse. You know the one.). We sat in silence as I allowed my thoughts to collect themselves. It wasn't long before there was a knock at the door.

Date: 10/16/22 0104

Word Count: 1232