Meeting Family

~(Y/N)'s POV~

I smiled and continued to hold Nightmare close, his words slightly muffled by the cloth of my shirt. He was telling me about a new plan the Stars had been cooking up about another anomaly, whose name I'd forgotten already. He was cute when he got annoyed, though. "And then, Dream-" "Nighty, I just realized something," I said. He turned up to look at me and I felt my heart pound. He was soo cute!

"I've never met your brother...I'd like to, since we're dating? I-If that's okay with you, of course." Nightmare seemed to pause and consider, his face neutral. "Are you sure, Darling? My brother, he's a bit...um, enthusiastic." I chuckled slightly and cupped one of his cheeks, squishing it slightly. "I think I can handle it, Nighty. I can handle Killer, after all." Nightmare laughed a bit and hugged me tighter, re-burring his face into my chest. "Sure, in a bit. I'm comfy..," he said, mostly muffled.

I smiled and gently scratched the back of his skull, the black ooze sliding off my fingers without sticking. He hummed quietly, nuzzling his cheek further into my chest. I couldn't help but smile at how cute this sadistic murderer could me. And yeah, he did tell me about the kind of stuff he and his group did. I never thought any less of him, nor was I ever scared for my life. He did regret everything he'd done, at least in that aspect. So did Horror, Dust, Killer, G, Razz, and Error. I would say Reaper, but he is the God of Death.

'If he regretted killing people, he would've tried to kill himself at least a million times by now, Darling', he said.

After a few more minutes of unapologetic cuddling, we both got up. "I'm so cold now..," I whined, pouting. Nightmare chuckled and wrapped a tentacle around my shoulder, tugging me closer to him. I smiled and leaned on him, seeing how he got a bit stiff. He did get a little embarrassed at sudden affection, and even more with PDA. He didn't hate it, he just got really nervous. Which was really fucking adorable. 

"Alright, are you ready to go, Darling? And just for the record, I'd prefer to keep us...under wraps, for now." I smiled and touched my nose to his cold cheek. "Of course, I understand, Nighty. Let me just get some shoes on, okay?" Nightmare nodded and released me, handing me some sneakers. I quickly put them on and stood at his side. His tentacle struck the air, creating a cyan rift to walk through. I watched as he elegantly strutted through, looking back at me. I gave a small smile and followed behind him.

The room was bright, much brighter than my own room. I had learned Nightmare wasn't a fan of bright places, so I often kept the lights off with just a candle or tea light. A groan from in front of me shook me from my thoughts. Nightmare looked like he was struggling with the light, too. "Welcome back, brother! Who's that?" a high-pitched voice said. It was a short skeleton with a golden circlet on his skull. 'Dream'. "This is a close friend of mine, they wished to meet you. Would you come with me to a more...private place?

I looked around the room, seeing Horror, Killer, and someone else on a couch. Killer jumped up and tackled me to the ground in a hug. "(Y/N)! My sweet!" "Heya, kiddo. nice ta see ya again," Horror said, getting up and squatting beside me. Killer continued to lay on top of me, his bones jabbing my body all over. A tentacle picked him up and carelessly tossed him into a wall. "Nightmare! You shouldn't do that! You might hurt him!" 

"Ya gonna let him talk ta ya like that, Boss?" Horror said, cocking an eyebrow. I sat up and rubbed the back of my head. It was sore from when Killer jumped on me. I tried to stand up and almost immediately fell over. Luckily for me, Horror's insane reflexes kicked in and he managed to catch me. "Woah, ya alright there, kid?" I felt my face heat up slightly as I stood straight, fixing my shirt. "Y-Yep, thank you..," I said, shuffling back towards Nightmare. His angry aura was hard to miss, but I picked up on it as I got closer.

"Let's go before you kill yourself, (Y/N)" he said, his voice sounding angry. While he could hide his aura pretty decently, his tone...not so much. Dream nodded and starting walking up the stairs. Nightmare and I followed, even though I noticed he kept glancing back at me. We entered a room off the left and holy fuck it was brighter. I shut the door behind me and locked it, watching Dream curiously glance at me. "Go ahead, Nightmare," I muttered.

"Right, uh...Dream." "Yes, brother?" Nightmare began fiddling with his fingertips, a nervous habit he said he got as a small child. "This is (Y/N)...and they're...my s-significant other..," he said, looking down. I locked eyes with Dream as his golden orbs went black, an unreadable expression on his face. His smile had long since faded. "Dream?" The skeleton just stared. "Nightmare, would you give me and (Y/N) a moment alone?" Nightmare hesitated and glanced over. I gave him a reassuring thumbs-up and smile, which was enough to get him to leave.

I was suddenly pinned to the wall by glowing cyan arrows that barely missed my arms and legs. "You," he said, his eyes empty and his expression menacing. "If you dare hurt my brother, I will not hesitate to slit your throat and watch you choke on your own blood. Do you understand, (Y/N)?" he asked, my name practically spat from his mouth. I nodded, fear coursing through me. It's ironic- the God of Positivity is the only person who can instill fear into me. He pulled the arrows out with surprising strength.

The God backed away. "You can come back now, brother," he said, his eyes still hollow and staring at me. Nightmare reentered the room, looking a bit concerned. Dream's golden orbs came back and he feigned an innocent smile. "Is, uh, everything alright?" Nightmare asked, rubbing his neck. "Of course, isn't that right, (Y/N)?" I nodded quickly, fear entering me at the sound of my name from his mouth. "Great! This was lovely. Anyways, I should get back to Ink! Bye!"

...

"He's scary." "Huh-"

Date: 8/8/22 17:11

Word Count: 1077