Étudier ou Flirter?

~(Y/N)'s POV~

I whined and grabbed onto Sans's arm tightly, getting nauseous from the teleporting. Of course, when he said 'shortcut', it triggered a memory of Horror explaining teleportation to me when I was first captured...man, those were the days. "You alright there?" "Yeah, just not used to having my atoms transported intra-dimensionally." Sans's cheeks flushed a dark blue color and the gems in his hands glowed. "You're uh...smart." "Thank...you?"

After a few awkward seconds of looking at each other, a tall skeleton walked in, orange gems in his clenched fists. "Brother! Where did you-! Oh, hello, new human! Who might you be?" I smiled and waved slightly; I wonder who the hell he is? He doesn't look like any Sans I know... "I'm (Y/N), Frisk's old tutor. Nice to meet you, um..?" The skeleton's face lit up with a big smile- what a cutie! "I am the Brilliant Papyrus, pleasure to meet you, (Y/N)!" I felt like that name was familiar, but I wasn't sure from where.

"Brother, are you feeling alright? Your face is all blue!" Papyrus said, though it was a bit loud. "Y-Yeah, I'm gonna go get a drink, bro," Sans said, walking out of the room quickly. Papyrus cocked his nonexistent eyebrow and watched his brother walk off. "Well, I assume my lazy-bones brother got you here to help Frisk with their class?" I nodded and smiled, oh my god, he's so adorable. "Follow me then, human!"

I followed Papyrus into a cozy-looking house with well-kept shrubbery. An older goat man with white fur and blonde hair was trimming away at a bush. "Hello, Your Majesty!" Papyrus said, waving. The goat monster in question turned around, revealing red gems in the center of his furry paws. "Ah, hello, Papyrus. Who is your friend?" The goat man stood and walked over, he was almost as tall as Papyrus.  

"This is Frisk's old tutor, (Y/N)! (Y/N), this is the King of Monsters, King Asgore!" I smiled and waved, Asgore smiling as well. "It is nice to meet you, (Y/N). I am the former King, as Papyrus said. Please feel no need to refer to me as anything but Asgore, young one." I winced a bit at 'young one', but I guess he wasn't wrong. I am only eighteen, after all. "It's nice to meet you as well, Asgore. Like he said, I was Frisk's tutor until I graduated last year. I hope it's not to forward, but I hope we'll be able to talk about what it was like. Ruling as a King, I mean."

Asgore smiled and shook his head. "Not at all, (Y/N). It has been a while since I've been able to talk to a human. Aside from Frisk, of course." I was about to continuing talking, but a loud yell of power from the inside of the cozy house caused me to squeak instead. "What was that?!" Papyrus smiled and patted my shoulder. "Nyeh heh heh! Fear not, (Y/N)! That is just Undyne, the Captain of the Royal Guard!" Papyrus guided me inside and I waved to Asgore quickly, the fatherly monster waving back.

Inside the house, it seemed tranquil. That is, until another scream came from the right, louder this time. Papyrus 'Nyeh'-ed again and walked to the first door, opening it. "I have brought a guest for you, Frisk!" Papyrus walked in and I hesitated before stepping into the doorway. Frisk's frown of confusion turned into a large smile as they scampered off the small bed and ran to me, wrapping their arms around me. "Hey, Frisk!" "Hi, (Y/N)! I missed you!" I smiled and ruffled their short, brown hair that barely covered their eyes. 

"You need to get your bangs trimmed again, kid. I can't see your pretty, ocean eyes!" Frisk smiled and released me, gesturing to the room. Inside was a yellow lizard monster with yellow gems in their hands, a fish monster with red gems in their hands, and another goat monster with purple gems in their hands. The goat monster gave a gentle, almost motherly, smile. "Hello, (Y/N). I am Toriel, Frisk's new mother. It is a pleasure to meet you," she said. Frisk walked back over and sat next to her on the bed.

"This is Undyne, the former Captain of the Royal Guard," Toriel said, gesturing to the fish. "And this," she said, putting her paw onto the lizard's shoulder, "is Doctor Alphys, the former Royal Scientist." Undyne shot a nasty glare my way, while Alphys gave a shy smile and small wave. "It's nice to meet you all. I'm (Y/N), Frisk's old tutor. Sans told me they needed some help in French?" Undyne's glare turned into a yellow-ish grin at the last sentence. "Oh, so you're gonna help the nerd?! Good, I was getting really pissed!" 

Undyne got up and patted my shoulder roughly, walking out. It was only then that I noticed Papyrus was gone. "So, Frisk, are you ready to get started?" Frisk groaned a bit, but nodded, scooting over so I could sit beside them. As I sat down, Alphys finally spoke up. "U-Uh, w-would you mind, u-um...maybe t-teaching me some F-French, t-too..?" I smiled and nodded. "Sure! Do you have a pen?" Toriel smiled and walked out, promising a slice of her special pie. Yummy!

~Le Royal Time Skip~

"Okay, now what does that say?" "...De qui es-tu?" "Non, c'est 'D'où viens-tu?'. Réessayer." "D'où viens-tu?" "Oui! Bon travail, Frisk!" Frisk smiled and finished typing in the answer, spelling it right. They submitted the assignment and got a 95/100. "Thank you, (Y/N)!" Sure, just make sure to study, okay?" Before they could answer, Sans walked in the door. He had a white paper bag in his hand that he was playing with. "Uh, (Y/N). I got you something, for helping out the kiddo." He walked quickly over and handed it to me before leaving.

Frisk giggled a bit and Alphys seemed to be unaware due to her furious scribbling not ceasing. I opened the bag and saw a pale purple rose with a small note attached. It was a phone number written in something oddly close to Comic Sans...I smiled and figured it was a nice gesture from the lazy skeleton. I pulled my phone out to put the number in my contacts and saw lots of calls and messages from Nightmare. Shit. "Hey, Frisk?" "Hm?" "I need to make a call. I'll be right back."

A/N: I'm going on vacation to Universal Studios, Florida tomorrow! I'll be there until Sunday night, so I'll try and push out another chapter (or maybe even 2) tonight. Love you all!!

Date: 9/15/22 19:24

Word Count: 1100