Inner Thoughts

~(Y/N's POV, the next morning...)~

I stretched and sat up, looking around. This isn't my room. What the fuck? I tried to get up, but my head was pounding. "Ah, you're awake. Here are some painkillers," Nightmare said, coming on from some doorway. "What...happened?" Nightmare sighed and handed me the pills and a glass of water, slightly frowning. "Well, we had dinner and you drank almost a whole bottle of Rosé in about an hour. Safe to say, you got drunk," he said, sitting beside me on the bed.

I took the pills and set the empty glass on the bedside table. "Then what?" "Well, you, um...I took you here and put you to bed, that's all." Now, normally I would trust Nightmare, but he seemed like he was hiding something. "Are you sure that's all?" He tensed up slightly and avoided eye contact. "Well, you said some things, but that's really it." I cocked my head and tried to see his face, but couldn't. "What did I say?"

"Nightmare." "C'mon, tell me!" "NIGHTMARE!" "NOTHING, OKAY?!" I covered my ears and winced, his voice was a lot louder than mine. "I-I'm sorry, (Y/N). I just...you asked me if I was going to...y'know, have sex with you. I-It's embarrassing to say out loud..," he said, looking down. My face had erupted from idea that I said that. "I-I'm sorry!" I covered my face and curled into myself. I'm just gonna die now.

"It's alright, you were drunk. And I suppose telling you I was taking you to my room might've planted the idea...but I didn't do anything, I slept on my loveseat in the other room." I uncovered my face and leaned on his shoulder, smiling. "Thank you for taking care of me, Nightmare." "Of course, my Darling. I didn't want you at your house in this state. I just wanted to care for you because I lo- like your company.

~(Nightmare's POV)~

"Thank you for taking care of me, Nightmare," they said. I wished they would call me Nighty again. It was so cute. "Of course, my Darling. I didn't want you at your house in this state. I just wanted to care for you because I lo- like your company." ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?! Bad Nightmare, BAD! For the love of fuck I need to shut up more. "I like your company, too, Nighty," they said, laughing at the end.

Honestly, I have no idea what I've done to deserve such a beautiful person that actually likes me, even if only as a friend. No matter, I'll just spoil them until they fall for me! Or should I? I don't want it to seem like I'm guilt tripping them, but I really don't want someone else to take them. I could keep them here? No, they would miss their friends. But that little asshole, Dingy, or whatever, obviously likes them.

I can't blame the fucker, it's just annoying. They're too good for him. Too good for me...but I'll try. I'll try with all my heart to be better, just for them. They deserve the Multiverse, and I will give them just that. Soon, (Y/N), I will make you the happiest person, man or monster, in the entirety of existence.

~(Dream's POV)~

I smiled as I watched Sci and Horror interact. When he first got here, Horror was so nervous and shy. But now? He and Sci make puns and laugh together, which warms my SOUL! I just wish Dust, Killer, and my brother would see the light. I know they have the ability to be such good monsters, but..."Hey Dream, ya got a sec?" Cross said, walking over to me. "Oh, of course, Cross! What is it?" 

Cross sat beside me in the field of flowers, mindlessly playing with the petals of a marigold. "I've been thinking...what would happen if someone from our side defected to Nightmare's?" I looked over at Cross, who looked solemn. "Cross...are you thinking about switching?" "What?! No, I just...someone told me they thought about it a few times. That they felt they weren't wanted here?" I felt a stabbing in my SOUL and I sighed.

"Who?" Cross fidgeted and turned away. "I promised I wouldn't tell, Dream. And I don't break promises. Just...the people that seem like they could defect, treat them really well. I already talked to Blue about it, and we both know how loving he is, heh..." I smiled weakly and laid back in the grass, Cross laying beside me. "I wished my brother could see that even he can be happy. He was so nice when we were growing up...what happened?"

 Cross wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into his chest, stroking the back of my skull. "I know, Dream. You'll get that Nightmare back soon. But you can't give up, okay? I know you're under a lot of pressure to stay strong, but I want you to know its alright to lean on someone once in a while, okay? You're stressed and I get that, but just know that we're here for you, okay?" I nodded into his chest, allowing my eyes to close and sleep pass over me.

A/N: This was more than just a chapter. This last part was written for a friend of mine. Feel better, kid. Things'll get better. Promise. Also, sorry for the short chapter

Date: 7/25/22 20:59

Word count: 887