Body Count

Warning: Light NSFW in Lust's second paragraph. And uh. Death. Throughout.

~Lust's POV~

We walked on down the sidewalk, looking at happy couples holding hands and lonely businessmen with briefcases eating their hotdogs. Someone bumped into me, which nearly put Horror into a rage, but they apologized sincerely. They were only a few feet behind us when Horror started talking about how he wanted their head on a platter. Safe to say, their spontaneous sprint wasn't without cause... "Stupid fucken humans..." "Don't say that, Rory. They apologized and everything." Horror pouted, which honestly made me want to squeal. "Hurtin' mah little toy..." I felt the sudden crash of my libido, my eye lights changing into hearts. "Alley, now." Horror seemed started at first, but when he saw me, he nodded. His face had turned red, but he seemed more compliant than normal.

 We went into the nearest alley way and started making out. He was always so gentle despite our size difference, always making sure not to hurt me or crush me. His claws were...well, they were amazing. He was careful when he held me or touched me, considering one wrong move would end up in a deep gash. He began to gently put his hand up the front of my crop top, gently stroking my ribs. I let out a moan into the kiss, which made him go rigid a bit. It wasn't long before I had my female ecto summoned for him. His hands immediately began squeezing my breasts, which only caused me a little bit of pain. "Yer tits are so little an perky...so cute and soft..." I felt my face turning more purple by the second at his words and actions. He stopped suddenly, which wasn't too concerning considering he'd done it before.

"Um, Darlin'? There's a body...a-and I think it's (Y/N)'s..."

~Nightmare's POV~

Where are they. I can't find them. Their SOUL was always hard for me to locate, it had such an odd resistance to negativity. I searched the best I could, but no SOULS were beating the way theirs did. Now Dream and I were both searching on foot, relying on something other than our emotional abilities. It was only a week until our birthday, and this was how we were spending it. Why can't anything ever go right for me?! Why can't I be happy?! What did I do to deserve this!? "Brother, you're panicking." "No shit, Dream! (Y/N)'s gone! Th-They're fucking gone!" Dream sighed and held his head. "Brother, your negativity makes it harder to search! Just try and neutral out, please!" I sighed and lowered my head, drawing out the negativity I could. As weak as it made me, I needed to find (Y/N). 

As I started getting lightheaded, a phone call rang through my cell. I picked it up quickly, abandoning my meditations. "Did you find them?!" "Y-Yeah. Y-Ya might w-wanna....wanna hurry..." Horror's voice was a mix of fear and sadness, something that didn't suit his voice in the slightest. I was quick to teleport there, not attempting to stay out of sight. It was hard at first to find his SOUL, between the surface now being crowded with monsters and the fact his magic was weak. Once I did, I was quickly there, standing beside him in the alley. Of course, he jumped, probably startled. Seconds later, Dream was at my side. "Well!?" Horror pointed over to where Lust was crouched down, green magic illuminating him. 

I stormed over and kneeled beside him, the sigh causing my nonexistent stomach to churn. "(Y...Y/N)..?" Their body was laying lifelessly as a large wound seemed to go directly through their body, the blood and viscera staining their clothes. Their once happy smile was tainted, a frown laying naturally on their face. Their (E/C) eyes were limp and lifeless, staring up at nothing. I knew the second I saw those eyes they were dead. I just...I didn't want to believe it. Lust's green magic was attempting to heal the wound, but that wouldn't replace the blood that was lost, jsut stop them from bleeding further and partially seal the wound.

I picked (Y/N) up, their skin cold. Damnit. "I'm going to Medictale. Dream, Lust; you're coming with me. Horror, alert everyone and get Sci to our location. Now." I said, opening a portal with my tendril. I stepped through straight into Alphys' infirmary. The monster seemed terrified before Dream told her we needed to heal the human. Of course. The damn truce fixed nothing. I looked down at (Y/N), the feeling of remorse (Get it? No? Okay-) washing over me. I laid them down on a table, the rushing of the AUs doctors and nurses immediately making me worried for their health. Dream's hand on my shoulder held me back, however. "They're going to help (Y/N). Don't worry, Brother."

It wasn't long before Sci appeared, himself and Lust assisting in any way they could. They ended up moving (Y/N) to a surgery ward for an operation. I was only allowed outside the door, so that's where I sat. For thirty minutes. An hour. Two hours. Six hours. Twelve hours. A day. No, two. Three? I stopped counting. I just want the love of my life to be okay. I can't lost them. I love them too much for that...

~Dream's POV~

It broke my heart seeing my brother like this. He was always so strong, so dependable. Even being on opposite sides, I couldn't help but find his strength desirable. He never seemed to get stuck like I did; stuck thinking people used you because you could make them happy. Damnit, Dream, this isn't about you! Your brother needs you and here you are wallowing in your own issues! Ugh, no wonder he hates me! No...no wonder... "Dream?" Ink called, his voice sounding so genuine. 

"Yes, Ink?" "Nightmare...how is he?" I sighed and turn to face him. Ink was adorned in Fresh's oversized jacket, his scarf nowhere to be found. "He's still sitting there. Seems he finally dozed off, however..." Ink flashed a worried smile. "You should sleep, too. Don't worry, I'll keep you posted," he said, opening his arms. I was quick to accept a hug, Ink's slightly taller frame being comforting. When I pulled away, I saw Horror trying to catch a young girl. She was...familiar, but I didn't know how. "Mister Dream!" The girl was quick to wrap her arms around my waist, Horror's face contorted in worry and embarrassment. He was radiating an apologetic aura. "C'mon, kid, l-let's go sit back w-with, uh, Killz an' Dust. K-Kay?"

"No! I wanna see Mister Nighty! And (Y/N)! Where are they?!" I felt my SOUL pang with guilt at the realization of who she was. My brother had mentioned he needed to get legal documents so he could adopt a child...of course, I thought it was a terrible excuse for something else, but... "Um, hey..," I said, the girl looking up at me. "Are you...Did Nightmare adopt you?" She gave a big smile, nodding. "Mhm! Mister Nighty's my dad, now!" I felt happiness bubble up inside me, all my negativity completely gone from my body. "Oh! Well, then you probably know who I am, right?" "Mhm! His brother! Mister Killer told me! ...Can I stay with you..?"

Ugh, this sucks. Sorry for the wait. I'm having a hard time writing; writer's block, plus work starting again, plus college classes start next week...pain in the ass. Anyways, hope you liked this, even if it was only a 5/10 chapter.

Date: 1/4/23 22:17

Word Count: 1250