106

After they did so, they were greeted by the doctor. He explained that they needed to do some further investigations and measurements so that he could be sure of his suspicions. Tomura had agreed and nodded that he was ready. 

The doctor had taken multiple measurements of Tomura while Dabi either helped the man or watched. The elderly man was now carefully touching his stomach as he brushed over it slowly.

Tomura, who was standing to make the whole procedure easier, gave Dabi a small glance.

The man's hand was as gentle as he could imagine a human hand to be as he muttered, "A very strong presence already...."

*The dragon watched the elderly man curiously.* -Strong presence?-

The alchemist stayed silent as the man took the measurement band again and carefully wrapped it around him. He tightened it so that it was hugging his stomach perfectly. He muttered something as a feather wrote something down. "Looks alright as far as I can tell." He spoke as he undid the band and moved his hand to the side before applying a bit more pressure. The stomach easily bended under his hand. "Mhm...." He gave an approving hum before he stopped. He moved his hand from one side to the other as he seemed extremely focused.

At first, the younger alchemist gave a small sigh, but now he slightly tensed up as the man seemed incredibly focused.

*Dabi looked at his mate. He hesitated before gently rubbing his shoulder in hopes of calming him just a bit.*

The man gave him a slightly worried and nervous look but stayed quiet.

The doctor continued his movements besides poking the stomach with two fingers as some points. "Mhm...I see.." he muttered as he lifted himself up. "Alright you two...I have good and sort of bad news. Which one would you like to hear first?" He asked as the feather floated next to him.

*The dragon looked at the elderly man and looked at his mate for a moment before letting out a sigh.* "Good news.."

"Alright. Good news is that the baby is in an alright and strong condition even after such a roller coaster, so far. It also seems that the child is of rather strong nature." He got quiet for a second. 

 Tomura gave a nod. "Well what you said so far is rather pleasing..."

*The half-breed nodded softly as well. But, with good news, there would always be a but.*

"This may form into a problem. As you or at least Tomura may know, alchemy is a very strong force created by humans to be able to wheel magic. So since you both are the parents, an alchemist and a dragon, these forces could possibly or most likely collide. I can already feel sort of a build up and it will only get worse with every pregnancy month. So Tomura's body could either work together with the child because of the alchemist side and try to pull through draining most of his energy....or it could decide that the child is a bad...'invader' and protect Tomura by killing it off." He ended as he had his hands behind his back.

Tomura felt sick as he thought about that. Sure his body only had the intention to keep him alive but still. It was a hard truth to swallow.

*The dragon felt his heart drop at the news. He knew the alchemy side of Tomura had a much better "survivor instinct" side than a normal human beings did, but seeing a newborn as an invader? Especially since it's been growing in his body for so long now.* "But...when you say drain his energy, that doesn't mean harming either of them, right? It just mean that labor would be more exhausting...right?"

"No in that case the unborn child would always through the entire pregnancy need more energy. The body needs to balance out, so that is what the energy will be needed for."