Chapter 1

My name is Lillian Potter, as you might of already guessed.

Apart from that, something pretty normal was going on.

My brother Harry and I were making the Dursleys breakfast, while Vernon Dursley, a purple-faced, no-necked hippo of a man, read the newspaper. Pentunia Dursley, Vernon's bony, horse-faced wife, was fussing over how cute their massive son, Dudley Dursley was. Dudley looked a lot like his father, actually, scratch that. I may have just said that because they were both huge and purple looking.

In other words, they were both fat disgraces to humanity. Not that all fat people were, but these two just happened to be both fat and disgraces.

My brother and I served the Dursleys their food and quickly ate the small amount leftovers after they finished. After finishing my "breakfast" I dragged Harry back to our "room." I definitely would not call that a room.

Our so called "room" was a small cupboard under the stairs, and by small, I mean the size of a full-sized food pantry, maybe.

Inside laid a twin-sized bed mattress, a plastic bin for our clothes, 3 thin blankets, and the light was just a lightbulb with a dangling string. It was pretty cramped in there.

"Why did you bring me in here?" Harry asked, making a face at me.

"I don't exactly know... habit? It's not like there's anything else to do," I said truthfully. We laughed and went outside.

Dudley saw us through the window and waddled outside right away to start annoying us.

"Hello, cousins! Or should I say, TWIGS!" Dudley wheezed out a laugh. "You should eat a cheeseburger, both of you!"

"Yeah, if we could, we most likely would, idiot," I muttered, flicking a pebble on the ground. He didn't seem to hear me. 

"Hey Potters! Where is your family?"

"Hey Dudley! Where is your neck?" I smirked.

"Shut up, flame hair!"

Dudley called me flame hair JUST because my hair was red. What was his problem? The sad part was that he thought it was actually a good insult.

I felt something heavy hit me just under my eye. I looked up slowly, trying to look very intimidating.

That was too much to handle. Nobody threw rocks at me! I did something I figured out that I could do around a month ago, and Dudley yelped in surprise.

You are probably wondering what that something was.

Well, it was July, and Dudley was being a jerk, like always. So I was giving him a death glare, and for some odd reason, his butt caught on fire.

So here he was now, running around like an idiot, holding his butt. Harry burst out laughing, and I joined in.

Dudley ran inside to tattle on me, and Harry and I made a run for it to our room, but we were stopped short by Uncle Vernon. I could hear Harry gulp, but he still looked confident, and I looked up at my uncle courageously.

He glared at us for what seemed like ten minutes, and I decided to break the long silence.

"Take a picture, Vernon, it will last a LOT longer!" I snapped.

"YOU LITTLE-" 

Vernon grabbed me by my hair and Harry by his collar, and shoved us into the cupboard under the stairs, muttering about disrespectful kids these days.