The Goblet of Fire: Chapter 1

Here it is, Lily's face reveal! Ahh! Okay, read on lol : )

There was a flash of green light, the old man was screaming, and then he crumpled to the ground, dead.

I bolted awake, breathing heavily as I sat up. The v-shaped scar on the left side of my forehead was burning like absolute hell. I grimaced, bringing my hand up to my scar, before I glanced across the room to see Harry still fast asleep.

I'd been having this dream all summer. There was an old man who walked into this old, creepy house, and he walked up the stairs. He stood outside the door of one of the bedrooms, listening in... I couldn't remember what the conversation he was listening in to was about, though. All I could remember was the familiar flash of green light, and the man dying.

I looked up at the dream catcher that Fred had sent me, dangling above my twin sized bed. I snorted. So much use for that.

I didn't think it could stop a dream like this one, magical or not. I rubbed my scar, scanning around Harry and I's dark bedroom. It was four in the morning, and the only source of light was from the shine of a street lamp outside our window.

I rolled out of my bed, realizing that I couldn't go back to sleep at this point. I tiredly strolled over to the mirror that was in Harry and I's bedroom, not sure what else to do. I saw my emerald green eyes squinting through the darkness back at me, my red hair falling to my waist.

Over the summer, I'd began to develop a bit more of a shape. Although I was still extremely slim from being underfed by the Dursley's, I was starting to get a bit of an hourglass shape. To my disappointment, I was still remarkably short. Five foot nothing at fourteen years old? Yep, that was me. Dumb Harry had grown even more, unlike me, and he wasn't even that tall!

It killed me to think about how much taller Ron probably was than me at this point, and about how much he was going to tease me when I saw him. I bet it would be the first thing he said to me.

Over the summer, while Sirius and I wrote back and forth, he told me he had a cousin that was also a Metamorphmagus. He told me that I could literally change myself into a completely different person if I mastered my powers correctly, for example, I could turn into Hermione. I didn't even know that, it could've been so useful! I'd been trying to change into a different person for weeks, but I just couldn't get it. It was really difficult, the most I'd done was accidentally change my hair to be a bright purple.

After trying to turn into Ava for ten minutes, I gave up. I sighed, trying to shake the dream out of my head. I'd been thinking about it nonstop for weeks.

It was times like these where I felt lonely, and I wished to be with my friends and boyfriend. I hated being alone, there was nobody to talk to, and I really liked talking.

I jumped as there was a tap on the window. I scowled at myself once I saw an owl at the window, holding a letter in its beak. I pulled the window open, letting the owl flutter in. It dropped the letter on my bed, and then flew towards Hedwig's cage to drink some water.

I picked up the envelope, ripped it open, and began reading the letter inside.

Dear Lily,

Hola, bestie! Let me tell you, this week has been the best week of my life! Here's what happened.
I've been writing to uncle Sirius over the summer, and as I told you in previous letters, he found my mum! Her name is Angela Taylor. She was a Gryffindor, like me, but she didn't meet my dad until after they graduated from Hogwarts. My dad wanted out of the bad business he found himself in as soon as he met my mum, but it was too late...
My mum gave birth to me, and for two days, everything was perfect. On the third day, that's when things went wrong. I'm not exactly sure what happened, but my dad left me with uncle Sirius, and, well, you know what happened to him next...
He left me with my uncle Sirius because he told my mum it was best. He told her that for my own safety, she needed to go into hiding and leave me with the Malfoys. So, she listened to him, and followed his wishes of staying in hiding. Two years ago, she finally decided to come out of hiding, though, but she didn't exactly know how to go about getting back custody of me.
I'm not mad at her. She did the right thing, and, well, I'm living with her now! She agreed to let Olivia come live with us too, she even adopted her, so we're sisters now. The Malfoys were more than happy to get rid of us.
She's wonderful. She's the best mother I could ask for, and she can't wait to meet you at the Quidditch World Cup! I've told her all about you, and turns out, her and your mum were like, best friends. She misses your mum a lot, and she has a lot of stories to tell!
She looks very young for her age. She looks a lot like me, she's got the same color hair as I do, but her eyes are just a bit bluer than mine. She's awesome!
Anyways, I've got to go finish unpacking. Olivia is poking me like a little bitch. I miss and love you so much, Lily! I hope that the Dursleys have been decent to you.
-Ava