The Order of the Phoenix: Chapter 1

TW: mentions of alcoholism ahead. please don't read if this is triggering to you!

"Alyssa!" I shouted drunkly, even though she was standing right beside me. "Hold my drink, will you? I gotta pee!"

"Okay, have fun peeing!" Alyssa shouted back, through the noise of the party we were at.

Who was Alyssa, you may ask? She was the random, nice girl I had just met an hour ago at the party I had snuck into.

I stumbled through the crowd of people in the room, and then into a hallway. I pushed open the first door I saw, and I was met with the disturbing sight of a couple hooking up in a spare bedroom.

"Oh, that's lovely," I mumbled, before slamming the door shut again. I stumbled over to the next door, pushed it open, and finally found the bathroom. I shut the door behind me, and then leaned my weight onto the sink for support.

My reflection was staring back at me from the mirror above the sink. I was wearing dark eyeshadow that made my bright green eyes pop, and my dark red hair fell to my waist like it always did. I was wearing a black, cropped, v-neck tank top with ripped boyfriend jeans, a black belt, and white trainers.

After quickly using the toilet, I dizzily washed my hands, and went to open the door-

The door swung open, revealing Harry in the doorway. Over the summer, he had grown a bit taller (unlike me) and had finally cut his hair. He let out a breath of relief when he saw me.

"Lily, what the hell are you doing?"

"I was peeing," I giggled.

"Are you wasted again?" he questioned. "Lily, this is the fifth night in a row-"

"The real question is, why aren't you wasted, Harry?" I said dizzily, and then began trying to walk past him. I tripped over my own feet and fell forward, but Harry caught me quickly, pulling me back up.

"C'mon, we're leaving," Harry said impatiently. "You're gonna black out one of these nights-"

"Nooooo, please, Harry, I'm having so much fun!" I cried dramatically as he pulled me towards the door.

"It's okay, Lily, you need to come back to the house," Harry said gently. "I was really worried about you. You need to stop doing this-"

"Doing what?" I asked obliviously. "Fine, I'm coming! BYE ALYSSA, LOVE YOU, GIRLY!"

"BYE LILY!" Alyssa shouted back. "Looking good, Lily's friend!" she added drunkly.

Harry's face burned bright red as he pulled me out the door, as I laughed like crazy for no good reason. He wrapped his arm around my waist and led me down the dark street as I rambled on about complete nonsense.

"-and then Ron said, bloody hell, Lily-"

"Ron's not here," Harry said in annoyance.

"Oh, you're right," I giggled. "I made that up."

There were voices up ahead of us on the sidewalk. Harry stopped us for a moment.

"Nice right hook, Big D!" someone said.

"Same time tomorrow?" Dudley's voice said.

"Round my place, my parents are out," another voice said.

"See you, then," Dudley said.

"Bye Dud!"

"See ya, Big D!"

Harry started pulling me along once their voices had faded, and we caught up to Dudley.

"Hey, Big D!" Harry said.