The Chamber Of Secrets: Chapter 1

It was July 31st, and Harry and I were in the kitchen, making more bacon for the pig. Guess whose birthday it was? Harry and I's. Guess who didn't care? The Dursleys. In fact, I didn't think they even remembered that it was our birthday.

"You better hurry up, Potters! I want my bacon, and I want it now!" Dudley demanded, banging his fat fist on the table.

"Don't worry, Duddykins! It will be ready soon enough!" Petunia cooed.

I made eye contact with Dudley, and started mouthing some nonsense that didn't mean anything. His eyes widened, and he looked down, scared.

"That's what I thought," I smirked, turning to Harry, who was trying not to laugh his bum off.

Harry brought over the bacon to Dudley, but didn't give it to him.

"What's the magic word?" Harry asked.

The Dursleys gasped, and Vernon started yelling something about not speaking of our abnormal school in their house. Dudley had fallen off his chair, and Petunia was yelling at Harry for nearly killing her son. I rolled my eyes. When things finally settled down, everybody went back to what they were doing before.

"As you all know, today is a very special day," Vernon said. Harry got a glint of hope in his eyes, but I knew it wasn't about our birthday. "Today is the best business meeting I'll ever get, and you two aren't going to ruin it."

"Since when have we ever ruined anything?-" I started, but was cut off.

"Petunia, what will you be doing?" Vernon quizzed.

"I'll be giving the Masons compliments. Oh, Mrs. Mason, where did you buy your dress? Mr. Mason, I truly admire your business, it's inspiring!" Petunia said in a ridiculous, high pitched voice.

"Dudley?" Vernon said.

"I'll open the door for them. Welcome to our humble home, Mr. and Mrs. Mason. I can't believe you are actually here, we had to write an essay in school about our hero, and I chose you!" Dudley said. I snickered, and Harry ducked under the table to hide his laughter.

"And you two will be?" Vernon said, raising one of his grey eyebrows.

"In our room, making no noise and pretending we don't exist," Harry and I said together, our voices monotone.

"Exactly. Now go along, Potters, out of my house! Come back at six," Vernon said, pushing us out the door and slamming it behind us. I heard the click of the lock.

"Harry, what time is it?" I sighed, used to this horrible treatment.

"It's only one. Looks like we're stuck here for five hours," he said. We started walking to the park down the street.

"Don't you think it's a bit strange that we haven't gotten any letters? All of our friends said that they would write us, Ron even told us we could stay!" I said, sitting on a swing. Harry sat beside me.

"Maybe they just decided they didn't want to be our friends anymore..." he said sadly.

"Harry, that's ridiculous! You know they wouldn't do that. It has to be more than that," I frowned. "Maybe their owls have the wrong address or something."

"Lily, you gave Ava, Olivia, Ron, and Hermione the address."

"I don't know. Something must of happened," I sighed. We sat in silence for a bit.