Chapter 13

"Oh my god..." I whispered, feeling sick to my stomach. Justin lay there, eyes wide open, petrified.

"Lily, why are you on the ground?-" I heard Harry's voice from behind me, assuming he cut himself off after seeing Justin's body laying next to me.

"He's been petrified," I mumbled, getting off the ground. Harry's eyes widened. Of course this had to happen, right after we tried convincing the Hufflepuffs that neither of us were the heir of Slytherin.

"We need to get help," Harry said.

I nodded. We really couldn't afford to get caught standing next to a petrified body, especially Justin.

Just as we were about to run to Dumbledore and tell him what happened, a huge crowd surrounded us. I heard several people gasping, saying they knew it was us.

"It wasn't us, I swear! We found him here and were going to get help," I loudly explained. The looks on people's faces showed that they didn't believe us.

Professor McGonagall hurried in, hearing the commotion. The sight she saw brought a horrified look on her face, looking back and forth between Justin, Harry and I.

Ernie Macmillan pushed through the crowd, pointing his finger in Harry's face. "I knew it was you!"

I was tempted to bite it off, but remained calm.

"Ernie, that's quite enough. Harry, Lillian, come with me," McGonagall said in a sharp tone, marching down the corridor. We followed behind her.

"Professor, I swear, Lily and I had nothing to do with Justin being petrified. We were going to get help-" Harry started.

"This is out of my hands, Potter."

I felt my heart sink. Did she not believe us?...

The rest of the walk, wherever she was taking us, was completely silent. As we approached a spiral staircase, I knew exactly where we were going.

"Lemon drops," she muttered the password, and we continued walking until we were standing outside of grand double doors. "Stay here, I am going to speak with Professor Dumbledore."

Harry gulped as McGonagall entered Dumbledore's office. I tried assuring him it would be okay, but I knew it did no good.

I zoned out, trying to calm myself down at the fact that I could possibly get expelled for something I didn't do. My mind being weird, I began imagining me and Harry teaming up on the Ministry of Magic as they tried taking us away to Azkaban, karate chopping them in the face.

"Lily? Earth to Lily," Harry waved his hand in my face. I jumped.

"Yeah? Sorry, I was just thinking..." I trailed off. He rolled his eyes.

"Well, if you haven't noticed, Dumbledore's bird is on fire. Now we're certainly getting expelled," he groaned. My eyes widened at the sight of the bird in flames.

"Don't worry, it's about time," I heard Professor Dumbledore's calm voice from behind me.

"Is he going to be alright?" I asked, concerned.

"Of course he will, Fawkes is a Phoenix. When it's time for them to die, they burst into flames, and are reborn from their ashes. See?" Dumbledore pointed towards where Fawkes was. A small, newborn bird began emerging out of the ashes.

Okay, that was totally normal....

"Shall we take a seat?" Dumbledore motioned towards the two chairs on the other side of his desk. I nodded slowly, sitting down. Harry sat down after me.