Chapter 6

It was now October, meaning I was extra happy, because Quidditch was starting up again. Things at Hogwarts were as normal as you could get there, other than Sirius Black being on the loose, Ava being all depressed, and our insane Divination teacher, of course.

I was currently at a Quidditch meeting, the first one of the season. Our whole team was there, and Wood was about to begin talking.

"As you all know, it's my seventh year, meaning it's my last chance to win the Quidditch cup," Wood said. "Every year, something has gotten in the way. The tournament getting cancelled, injuries-" he took a quick glance at Harry and I.

"That's us, thank you, thank you," I bowed as everyone turned to look at Harry and I.

"We have the best team out here," Wood sounded frustrated. "Three excellent chasers," he motioned towards Angelina, Katie and I. "Two outstanding beaters-"

"Oh, stop it Oliver, you're making us blush!" Fred and George chorused in a high pitched voice.

"And Harry, an amazing seeker!" Wood said. "We've got to win."

After a long Quidditch meeting where Wood just yelled at us about winning the cup, I made my way back to the common room, to find that Ava, Ron, Olivia, and Hermione were already there. I plopped down on the couch next to Olivia, sighing.

"What's wrong?" Olivia asked, concerned.

"Nothing, I'm just tired," I said truthfully, glancing over at Ava, who was laying down on a couch. She looked miserable, like always. "What's wrong with her?"

"What isn't wrong with her?" Ron said, deciding to put in his two cents to our conversation right as Harry walked in.

"Will you shut up for once, Ron?" Ava snapped,  finally sitting up once she saw that Harry was there.

Ron's face went red. I felt bad for him, he didn't mean to be rude.

"Yeah Ron," Harry agreed half-heartedly, sitting beside Ava.

I rolled my eyes. He was just saying that because he had a big crush on her! He was a best friend stealer, he was the only one she'd actually talk to lately.

"Guess what this weekend is," Olivia said cheerfully, and slammed the book she was reading shut a little harder than necessary. Nobody said anything. "It's Hogsmeade weekend, duh!"

Oh, great. Did she mean the one I couldn't go to, because I accidentally blew up my aunt and didn't get my permission slip signed? I mean, what happened to Marge was kind of worth it, but still!

Harry sighed, probably thinking the same thing I was. Hermione was too busy doing homework to even listen to what anyone was saying, and Ava was just sitting there, a blank expression on her face.

"Okay, that's enough, woman! Time to knock the Ava back into you!" Olivia shouted, grabbing her book and beginning to walk towards Ava. "I want my sister back to normal!"

With that, Olivia started smacking Ava with the book over and over again.

"What is going on right now?" I whispered to Ron. He shrugged. Where was some popcorn when you needed it?

"Ow!" Ava hissed. Harry pulled Ava away from Olivia, and shielded her head with a pillow.

"Harry, stop! I have to revert Ava back to herself!" Olivia smacked Harry in the head with the book, and continued hitting Ava.

"You're crazy!" Harry yelled, rolling off the couch. "Sorry Ava, but she hits hard."

Watching this all happen was funny, because I was the one who didn't get affected by it.