First Day

- Jade

I awoke to my alarm going off.

Why is my alarm screaming? I never have my alarm on.

I sat up quickly.

Oh my god! School!

In a second I was up looking for an outfit. I decided on a sage green crop top with black high waisted ripped jeans. I threw on some green Air Jordans aswell.

I brushed through my ratted dirty blonde hair and curled it in a beachy way.

I put on mascara and lip gloss finally.

I looked at myself in the mirror.

Ok, I'm not pretty, but I don't look bad. People won't be completely repulsed by me.

I grabbed my black backpack and headed downstairs. Father was in the kitchen eating an apple.

I made some toast quickly. "Father would you please drive me to school?" I asked him quietly.

He looked up quickly and luckily didn't look like he hated me today.

"Obviously. You turn 16 today but I see no license." he said. I nodded and walked out the front door.

A warm breeze hit me and I smiled as the sun shined on my skin. It felt good.

I'm barely aloud in the backyard. Yes it was August and I am wearing pants. But I like being warm. It suits me better.

I closed my eyes and listened to the chirps of birds and the whoosh of bushes and trees as the wind moves them.

Peaceful. Very peaceful.

I hopped into father's blue Lamborghini and turned on the radio.

Because today was my birthday, father would probably let me control the radio.

So I played High Hopes by Panic! At the Disco.

Father came outside and got in the car. He started to drive.

"Now, are you excited for your first day?" father asks.

I nod. "You won't mention it's your birthday will you?" he says. I nod again. "Your mother wouldn't have either if it were her."

That got my attention. Father doesn't usually bring up mother. "She was a shy person. Didn't want too much attention, but also didn't want to be invisible." father continued.

I turned to looked at him. "I met her at this highschool. Back in 2000, I met her in the first day. She was a new student in Junior year." father said this a little dreamily.

After a moment he become grim again. I knew that he wouldn't say much more.

After a moment we pulled up infont of a school with huge copper gates. I got out.

"Bye Jade." father said. "Goodbye father I lov-" I was cut off by him driving away.

Happy Birthday to me I guess.

I realized everyone was staring at me. For a moment I thought it was because I looked good. But then I realized it was probably father's car.

I lifted my head up and took a deep breath.

Be you Jade. Be yourself.

I walked confidently into the gates and a girl with short curly blonde hair smiled at me.

"Hi! Omg you must be new! Are you new? What's your name? My name is Rose Wave! I love your outfit! Do you need help finding your classes? Is that your natural hair color? Its really pretty!" the girl said happily.

She had asked me so many questions I barely knew what she had said.

"Yes, I'm new. My name is Jade Blizz. I can get to my own classes and yes this is my natural hair color." I said slowly.

She gasped. "Are you Winter Blizz's daughter?!" she exclaimed.

Whoa stalker much?

I nodded. "Omg! Firefly will be so excited! You have to sit with us at lunch!" Rose said.

This girl seems like my only chance at a friend. And I'm not turning down chances.

"Uh ok. But whos Firefly?" I said. Before Rose could answer the bell rang. She smiled at me before runnjng off towards her classes.

So that just happened. At least she was nice. And I won't have to sit alone at lunch.

I hurried through the halls looking for my homeroom. Everyone stared at me.

Probably just because I'm new.

I walked shyly yet confidently through the halls until I came across the classroom.

Here goes nothing I guess.

Alright short chapters I know but the next few should be better. 717 words.