Change

- Jade

I woke up after and intense dream. I was sweating and I was breathing really hard. The dream was about a man who threw me inside a house, slapped me, hurt my wrist, and I ended up bleeding.

Every moment in this dream it got more intense and painful. The weird part was that it felt so real. Like it actually happened.

I got up and checked a mirror to see if I was actually bleeding. I was not. I sighed and tried to lay down again.

I couldnt fall asleep. So here I am awake at 3:00 am in the morning. I unlocked my phone and decided to look at an app called Instagram.

I was following a few people. I was following a girl named Firefly, Jaguar, Glory, Rose, and Copper. I looked at the recent posts from Firefly.

My heart stopped when I saw her newest post. It was a picture of her in the same hospital I was in. The caption read," Jade is in the hospital. High chances she is going to die.

Firefly was crying in this photo. Firefly visited me in the hospital? Another post was of me and her together at a dress shop. We were both wearing beautiful dresses.

I wonder if I have that dress. I went to the closet and searched for that dress. After a little but of searching I saw the dress.

It was even more amazing in real life. As I touched the dress and a faint memory flashed in my mind. I was slapping someone in this memory. Why was I slapping him?

I decided to find out later. I returned to my phone and I saw a very interesting photo. This photo was of Firefly and Cliff together, kissing. When did they date?

I figured I could just ask Cliff later. I then proceeded to scroll through Rose's account. She had similar stuff to Firefly. She had a post about me in the hospital too.

It then clicked in my brain that they were probably my friends. Now I had to talk to them. I checked the time after looking at Glory's posts. It was 6:00am.

I sighed before getting up and preparing for school. I put on a green tank top and black legging. I pit on green sneakers and put my hair into a high ponytail.

I went down stairs and saw that Moon was awake. I went over to the dining table and sat down. Moon came over and placed scrambled eggs infront of me. She then kissed me on my head and walked back to the kitchen.

I then remembered something. I felt huge waves of emotion as this memory flooded into my brain. I was crying? I was in a black dress and I was looking at a casket.

Moon came and hugged me and told me I was going to be ok. She was crying too. I remember feeling guilty and sad.

I came back into reality when Qibli entered the kitchen. " Good Morning." he said with a yawn.
I checked the time and saw it was 6:20 am.

I quickly ate the scrambled eggs and ran upstairs to grab my bag. I ran back downstairs, went into the kitchen, and grabbed my water bottle.

I walked towards the door and opened it. " Bye Jade I love y-" Moon said before I shut the door. I was lucky that the bus hadnt moved yet.

Once I got on the bus nearly every seat was taken. I walked down the aisle until I came across an empty seat next to a girl.

I sat down without even asking if I could. I looked at the girl. I was surprised to realize she identified as Firefly.

When I sat down she turned her head to look at me. Her eyes widened in shock and I gave her a weird look. " Omg Jade! Its been so long since I talked to you." she said happily.