Dance News

- Jade

It had been a week since I moved in with Firefly's family and it was weird. Father always taught me to never let my guard down amd care for no one.

He says that way you have less weaknesses. Well living with the Night's was quite different.

They cherished every moment with each other and acted as if they would jump infront of a bus to save the others. They probably would.

The weirdest part was that everytime they saw eachother they hugged eachother. They hugged me too! If im being honest I kind of liked it. It felt good to feel loved.

My wounds were getting better. The cut in my head was barely visible and my wrist was getting better. Im just lucky I hurt my right wrist istead of my left , because im left handed.  My wrist was constantly in a brace and it felt sweaty at moments but it got me out of P. E. with Mrs. Kestrel so I was ok with it.

I opened my locker and grabbed my Spanish notebook and shoving it inside my bag then heading to the cafeteria. I sat down next to Firefly who was eating the school's curly fries.

"Omg Jade did you hear the news?!" Rose asked me while she was practically bouncing on her seat. "What news?" I asked curiously.

"The school is throwing a dance!" Rose told us excitedly. Copper who was taking a sip of water almost spit it out in surprise.

"A dance! I have to ask Ruby before anyone else does! Im going to the bathroom to check how I look be right back." Copper exclaimed before hurrying off to the bathroom

"Who's Ruby?" I asked Rose. "Copper has the hugest crush on this girl Ruby. She isnt mean but she is very boring." Rose says with an eyeroll.

"Anyways do you all want to go dress shopping with me?" Rose asked me and Firefly. "Absolutely Rose." Firefly said. She looked just excited as Rose was about this dance. "What about you Jade?" "No, im good." I said with a shrug.

"What why not!" Rose complained. "Well look at me I'm the new girl no one is going to ask me to the dance." I said with an smile.

I was partly sad about this but I wasnt wrong either. Rose and Firefly gave eachother a face before continuing the conversation.

"Well then you can be my date Jade." Rose said with a huff. "We will go as besties!" Rose said. "Alright fine." I said smiling. "Yesssss!" Rose squealed with a huge smile.

Then the Cafeteria bell rang and we had to go to our next classes. As I was walking to Spanish class I passed Jaguar and his friends.

Jaguar was in the "popular guy group." He was friends with Pike, Cliff, Orche, and Mightyclaws. They all were staring at me and whispering to Jaguar who was madly blushing.

The second bell rang indicating class was starting soon. I hurried to get to class when Jaguar appeared beside me. "Hi," I said with a warm smile. "Hey." he said with a nod.

"So you hear about the dance?" he asked me as we both made our way to Spanish.

"Yeah Rose told me all about it." I said with a playful eyeroll. "Ah, so are you excited to go?" Jaguar asked me.

Why is he asking so many questions?

"I dont really want to go because I'm not going to get asked by anyone, but Rose is making me go with her." I said with a shrug.

"I'm sure plenty of people would ask you." Jaguar told me. I shrugged again.

Then I opened the door to Spanish class before we could continue chatting.