Forgiveness

- Jade

It has been one month since my memory has returned. That night when it came back Jaguar took me home and I was so happy to hug my parents.

I felt like I was lost in a jungle for years until Jaguar finally found me. I had alot of problems to fix though.

When I lost my memory I became very mean and kinda jealous. I was jealous of everyone who knew who they were and didn't look in the mirror every night and question who they truly were.

I was jealous so I treated them like I was better than them. I stopped caring about school and disrespected my parents and teachers.

I felt horrible about what I did to everyone. So I was going to start by apologizing. Them forgiving me is another story, I just want them to know I'm sorry.

I was going to start with my parents. I walked into my home soaking wet. " Jade! There you are we have been worried sick!" Mom said.

I didn't say anything. I just walked to both of them and hugged them. " I am so sorry for scaring you. I didn't realize that you guys cared about me. I didn't remember what you both did for me." I said.

" Wait. Are you saying what I think you are saying?" dad asked looking confused. " I remember everything." I said smiling.

Mom hugged me tighter at my statement. I hugged back embracing both of them happy to finally feel at home.

"*"

Next, I need to confront Anemone and the gang. We had been getting along fairly well but I realized that they dont care about me. They just care about getting more popular.

If you got more popular than Anemone she would stab your back in an instant just because she wanted to be the most popular.

They were not friends, they were fakers. I sighed not wanting to call her. After a long moment of hesitation I finally called her.

" Hey girl whats up?" she asked after answering the call. " I remember." I replied. I didn't even have to see her face to know that she was glaring at the phone.

" I can't be friends with you anymore. Your no one's friend. You just use them to get what you want." I said calmly.

" Your right. I use them to get what I need. What I need is to not be self conscious." she said quietly.
I immediately became more interested.

" I have to put on lots of makeup and wear fancy clothes to be liked. People like you are themselves and everyone loves you but I have to be fake for people to like me. And ever still hates me anyways!" she said with a sigh.

" Well nobody has ever seen your true self so we only know what you show us." I said. " So maybe show yourself to us and you won't have to lie to everyone."

" What makes you think that everyone hates you?" I asked. " I- I confronted Tamarin and tried to talk to her. She yelled at me and told me that she wouldn't date a fake." Anemone said quietly.

" So I thought everyone thought that about me." she said. I sighed. " Anemone, Tamarin is one of the nicest people I have ever met. When she says that she means she wants to see the real you." I said.

" So go call Tamarin and show her your true self. I think you have a decent shot if you do that." I replied.

" Thank you Jade. I know I wasn't always nice to you but I really do appreciate you at times." she told me. " Alright I have to go but really, thank you." she said before hanging up.

I sighed happily. Yet another person who no longer hates or envies me any more.

"*"
This apology was going to be a hard one. The day I sat with Anemone at lunch I also told Rose to meet me at the park. I then stood her up and didn't come.