Gone

- Jade

I sat there in shock staring at my parents? It felt weird to even think about that. I wasnt sure why but even I started to cry.

I looked at Qibli and realized he really is my father. We shared nearly everything physical appearance with the exception of my eyes and height.

Qibli and Moon came up to hug me. We all embraced eachother. All while Jaguar stood awkwardly watching.

I felt their body heat on mine. And it felt nice. Qibli pulled away and ran his fingers through my hair. "You still do look like me." he whispered proudly.

Moon smiles. "Of course, she always did." she told Qibli. A tear fell from Qibli's eyes, I felt like I won an award when they looked at me.

"Oh Jade I missed you so much!" Moon exclaimed. We broke apart.

Moon then hugged Qibli. She cried very hard. He kissed her gently on the head. "She's ok! After everything our daughter is ok." Moon cried. I wiped tears from my own eyes.

Qibli's expression then turned very grim fast. "Can you tell me who kidnapped you?" Qibli asked me.

This was a touchy topic for me. The only reason fath- Winter wasnt in jail is because Im afraid to tell anyone about the abuse. I dont even talk about it with Firefly who watched it happen.

I then realized that Qibli and Moon knew Winter. This was going to be awkward. Qibli and Moon sat back down and Jaguar sat next to me.

"Winter Blizz." I mumbled nervously. I saw both of their faces swich between shock and confusion. "Winter," Qibli breathed, "Out of all people. I'm not as surprised as expected."

"When did you meet my father?" I asked forgetting that he wasnt actually my father. I saw Qibli's eyes flicker with slight jealousy.

"Ive known Winter since I was 10 years old." Qibli explained. "I met Winter in highschool. We dated for a while." Moon said as well.

"Wait, did you say Winter hurt you?" Qibli asked. "Oh," I whispered looking at the floor,"He uh slapped me a couple of times, and threw me hard enough that I dislocated my wrist." Even Jaguar winced.

Moon came up and cupped my face in her hands. "Im so sorry Jade." she said softly.

"Its fine." I said shrugging it off. "No its not," both Jaguar and Qibli said at the same time. "Jade why dont you tell the authorities?" Qibli questioned grabbing my shoulders.

"I just, he did take care of me my whole life. He was the only family I had for 16 years. Deep down after everything I still love him." I said shrugging off Qibli's hands.

Qibli's face showed that he would not love someone like that. I didnt care. "But-." Qibli tried to protest.

"Qibli no disrespect but she said her opinion and clearly shes not changing it." Jaguar interrupted.
I smiled at Jaguar and out of the corner of my eye saw Qibli frown.

Jaguar grabbed my hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze. Moon looked from our hands to Qibli who's frowned deepened with an amused expression.

Qibli nodded then texted someone. "Who are you texting?" I finally asked. He gave Moon a nervous look before saying, "The police." I looked at him with astonishment.

I had just told him that I didnt want anyone to turn father in to the authorities and yet here he is still doing it. "I just said that I didnt want you to turn him in for abuse." I said.

"Im not, Im turning him in for kidnapping. I know it sounds like I dont care but, I dont want you to be afraid of him coming for you all your life. I want you to feel safe. And I also kind of want him behind bars. He has messed with my loved ones enough." Qibli explained.