Run Away

- Jade

Its been a week since I began being friends with Anemone and I was glad I accepted her offer. We would skip class and go shopping together.

Sure my grades were dropping but I didn't care. The way I looked at it was, you only have one life and I'm not going to spend mine cooped up in a building learing stuff I dont care about.

Lately I dont even get home until 11:00pm. I dont do my homework because I need to sleep and I have to go to bed before midnight.

I havent talked to Firefly or Rose lately either. Whenever I go around them I get small memories back. I have been avoiding my memories.

They are intense and confusing. Besides I don't care about what I did in the past I am focused on the future.

Moon and Qibli try to connect with me but I avoid them as well. Moon and Qibli are just my lame parents who want me to like them but I just don't.

I prefer to hang out with my friends than with them. My teachers dont really care about my grades. All of them except, Mrs. Orchid, my spanish teacher.

Mrs. Orchid tries to talk to me about my grades but I just blow her off. She has told me that she is concerned about me and my so called friends.

She thinks they are a bad influence. I scoffed just thinking about that. Anemone and the others have helped me become a better version of myself.

Before them I was confused and wanted to know everything about my past. Now they have showed me to not care and now I dont care.

It felt great to not have all that confusion on my shoulders. I sighed knowing this wasnt going to work.

Lately I have been trying to convince myself that I didn't need to know my past. However much I tried to believe that it just wasn't working.

I was too inquisitive about it. I did avoid finding new memories though. Everytime I got one it was just so overwhelming. I felt dizzy sometimes after getting them.

It was Saturday and I was just laying in my bed thinking. My door opened and Moon and Qibli walked in. " Mind knocking?" I said with a scoff.

Qibli gave me a surprised look. " No I am not going to knock because this is my house young lady." Qibli said. I rolled my eyes.

Moon sent Qibli a worried glance. " Jade we need to talk." Moon said. " About what?" I said with a uninterested tone.

" About you. Mrs. Orchid called, she said she was worried about your homelife." Moon said. " She said that your grades are dropping and you seem to not care." Qibli said.

I sighed. Of course Mrs. Orchid called. " Yeah I have a couple F's so what?" I said rudely. " So, you have all F's and your about to have to reapeat Sophomore year." Qibli said.

I scoffed. " Jade your falling apart. Your grades are falling and you don't interact with anyone but your friends!" Moon said.

" We know you are a very smart girl. Which is why we are both very disappointed in you. I understand it is hard not knowing your past bu-" Qibli said.

" You don't understand! You guys never will!" I yelled pushing them out of my room. I sighed. They never will understand me.

I heard a loud thunderous lightning bolt outside. An idea popped into my head. I grabbed my bag and began filling it with stuff.

It was pouring rain outside and I could barely see through the window. I carefully opened the window and crawled through it.

I climbed onto the tree next to my window and shimmied down it. I landed on the wet grass and ran as fast as I could.

I wanted to start new. I wanted to get away from Moon and Qibli and everyone at school. I wanted to forget them like I did before.

I walked in the pouring rain for an hour trying to navigate through it. I walked through some mud and I slipped.

I landed hard on my wrist and winced at the pain. The moment I stood up a huge lightning bolt struck right next to me.

I shook feeling all the electricity flow through my veins. My body tensed in fear and I shivered. Then all at once a painful memory flooded into my vision.

I was on a porch with Qibli and Moon. This strange man was holding a gun and he was aiming it at me. He shot it and Qibli jumped in front of me.

My head pounded as that intense memory replayed it's self over and over again. I startsd to run. I ran as fast as I could to try and get the pain away.

After moments of running I finally stopped. I clutched my head and cried in pain. I crumpled to the muddy sidewalk.

" Jade?" I heard someone say. I didn't even acknowledge them. I cired out in pain again as my head throbbed. " Jade!" I heard the voice say now slightly closer.

I finally looked up to see none other than that one boy from the hospital. "Get away from me!" I yelled. The last thing I wanted right now was to talk to
him.

I stood up and began my run through the street. I heard a loud honk and turned my head towards the loud noise.

I screamed in fear. I felt strong arms wrap around my waist pulling me away from the car just in time. When I turned myself to whoever just saved me I saw the boy.

Immediately I was overcome with yet another memory. I was attempting to hang a banner. I was on a ladder when strong arms wrapped around me and picked me up.

I looked behind me and saw the boy who just saved my life. In the memory I loved this boy. When I left the memory and came back to reality the boy was giving me a concerned expression.

I still didn't know this boy but I felt a fierce love when looking at him. " Jade are you alright?" he asked. " No! I can't even think right now! Everything I do triggers another memory and a painful migraine! But, physically yes I-Im ok." I stuttered still shocked about what just happened.

I just stared at him. The only thing I could hear was my heart thumping loudly in my chest. The boy held me close to him. After a moment he hugged me. I eventually hugged him back.

Then we broke apart and EVERYTHING came back to me. I remembered Winter, Jaguar, and Copper! My brain felt overloaded with memories for a moment.

I clutched my head in pain. I remembered the dance, the grocery store, and even the day I decided to live with the Night's.

After a moment the headace started to go away. I felt Jaguar's hands around me in a protective hug. I grabbed his hands.

I looked up at Jaguar and smiled warmly at him. " Jaguar." I said smiling. He looked astonished. " I remember everything!" I said with a relieved smile.

I looked around. It felt like I was looking through my own eyes again. Like when I forgot someone else took control of my life while I sat alone in the darkness.

" You remember me?" he asked as tears filled his eyes. I nodded remembering the time when I yelled at him on my first day back at school.

He took a step towards me and kissed me. He kissed me tightly and passionately. I kissed him
back and then resting my head on his chest.

We stayed like that listening to the rain. Together.

Srry for taking so long to update!!! Have a good day!!! 1317words. (: