The Dance

- Jade

Today was the Halloween Dance. I had just got home and me,Firefly, and Rose all ran upstairs. We decided to get ready together.

I wanted to curl my hair with a wave curler. Firefly used a normal curling iron, and Rose straightened her hair.

When we finished our hair Glory came upstairs and did everyones makeup. After our makeup us three looked in the mirror and Firefly said, "Dang girls we look good!"  We all burst out laughing.

Finally after all of the beauty stuff we put on our dresses and got in Firefly's car. When we arrived at the dance I noticed that the decorations were flawless and the music wasnt bad. I went to go search for Pike.

After around a minute of searching I saw him by the punch bowl. I walked up to him and he stared at me in shock. "Hi," I said shyly. "Why hello." he said with a smirk. "Would you like to dance?" he asked. "Sure." I said before going on the dance floor. 

We danced for a while and I was having alot of fun. Then the slow dance music came on. I stared at Pike and he said, "I will be right back." I nodded. He left and I was all alone on the dance floor.

I waited and waited for him to come back but he wasnt coming. I went searching for him. I looked everywhere. After 30 minutes of searching I found him. He was under the bleachers kissing Anemone.

I looked around in disbelief. What a jerk! Pike looked up and saw me staring at them he immediately got up and started talking to me.

"Jade I- its not what it looks like!" I couldnt say anything to him. So because I couldnt say anything I slapped him in the face. "You are a little low life thug!" I said in disgust.

I tried to walk away but he grabbed my waist and pulled me back to him. "Jade no one talks to me like that." he said. "Little advice Pike," I said venom dripping off of my words,"Dont mess with a girl when she has heels on." I said.

His face was priceless. I stomped as hard as I could on his foot and he screamed in pain. I looked around and realized the music had stopped and everyone was staring at me. All at once every bad emotion hit me. I felt embarrassed, angry, and sad.

I ran out of the Cafeteria as fast as I could. I ran all the way to the parking lot and stopped in the middle of it. I took my heels off and looked at the sky. I shivered as the cold breeze blew past me.

A warm jacket was placed on my shoulders and I turned around to see who was there. Jaguar stood there behind me. I scoffed and started to walk away. "Jade wait!" he said catching up to me.

"Leave me alone." I mumbled glumly. "Jade, im sorry." I looked at him and stared into his eyes. "Im sorry for making you feel like I was a player." he said. "I want to explain what happened. Jaguar said. I slowly nodded.

"That day when you heard me talking to Anemone. I think you need some context. She came in and threatened to tell the whole school about what happened to you if I didnt go to the dance with her." he told me.

Oh my gosh. I instantly felt horrible for treating him like that. I pushed him away and even got his own sister to turn on him. "When I asked you to go out for lunch I think you thought that I was playing both you and Anemone?" he said looking at me.

I turned away to ashamed to look at him. With everything that happened tonight I couldn't take it anymore. I started to cry, "Im so sorry Jaguar! I didnt know I wouldnt have done that if I knew!" I broke down crying and he hugged me.

"Jade." Jaguar said trying to calm me down. It didnt work. "Jade!" he tried again. I looked up at him and he looked at me. "Jade, its ok I forgive you." he said calmly.

He leaned down and kissed me. It was gentle and I barely hesitated to kiss back. We broke apart and I had never felt more loved in my entire life.

This time I pulled him to me and kissed him more passionately, more sure of what I was doing. After a moment I pulled away for air.

I smiled at him and he looked like a huge weight was lifted off his shoulders.

"You look surprised?" Jaguar said smiling. "To be fair, that was my first kiss." I said blushing like crazy.

"Really?" he asked. "How many people have you kissed?" I said playfully smacking his arm. "two." he said shrugging. "Wow, thats just outstanding!" I replied with exaggerated arm movements.

I looked around and was glad to see no one was outside with us. The only thing I saw was a blue Lamborghini. My gaze was locked on the car.

"Jaguar?" I asked starting to get scared. "What?" he said noticing my expression. "I think thats... his car." I said not looking away from the car.

As if it was an instinct Jaguar pulled me closer and instructed me to not leave his side. He cautiously checked the car and found nothing suspicious.

Then my phone rang. It was an unknown caller. I answered it. "Hello?" I said on high alert. "Jade." my heart stopped and I started to get blurry vision.

I looked at Jaguar with fear in my eyes. I quickly put the call on speaker. "Father." I replied trying to keep myself from stuttering. Jaguar immediately understood what I was doing.

"Jade I miss you." father said. I didnt answer. "I want you to come home. I know you arent truly happy with the Night's. I want to warn you about their son." Jaguar seemed intruged.

"What would you know?" I snapped at him. "More than you," he said with a chuckle. "He doesnt love you. He is playing you. I know you dont believe me but eventually he will break your heart and you will regret not listening to me."

I didnt get to say anything before Jaguar was talking. "I dont give a crap if you want Jade to go home. You hurt her far worse than I ever could. And your wrong, you and I both know I love Jade 10x more than you ever had." Jaguar snapped at him.

Father hung up before saying anything else. "I wont ever let anyone talk trash about me or my family or you." he said with a determined expression.

I just hugged him. He seemed surprised but hugged back. I was grateful I wasnt alone anymore, I had someone who will protect me time and time again.

I softly smiled at him. We just stood there together for a while just feeling happy. Little did we know that Firefly had walked out during our hug.

When I got home Firefly ran me upstairs and gave me a BUNCH of rules about us. She also gave us a ship name ,"Jayguar." I rolled my eyes and said, "If we are Jayguar then you and Cliff are Clifffly!"

( That last one is pronounced Cliff • Fly.)

"Never use that in public!" Firefly warned me. "Then never use mine in public." I counteracted. "Deal?" " Deal." I said firmly. We agreed and shook hands.

This had been the craziest night of my life.
Little did I know what was yet to come.

1287 words!!!