[107.1] COMBAT CLASSES: RASKEI (part-one)

•|•|•

"Don't waste my time and join the others."

•|•|•

I SLIPPED INTO bed like I was merely a ghost, snuggling into the sheets.

Turning over to face the wall I tried to ease my beating heart. My body was shaking again, but I didn't want to pay too much attention to that.

What did he mean by that?

I most certainly don't remember belonging to anyone but it sounded a little bit more of a threat for me to question it.

He seemed to have been deadly serious and not at all amused by the fact that I had spent the evening with Lucas Bowne.

But who was he to judge or control me?

Alright, he may be my so-called Alpha, but that was just because he had bullied me to be on his team.

I should have been chilling with the twins but instead, I was dreading tomorrow, a whole afternoon I would be spending near him.

But that thought could wait-

He did save my life on more than one occasion although that didn't justify the right to suddenly claim me.

I inwardly scoffed at this, rolling my eyes, my lips pursed into a thin line, despite the shiver that raced up my spine when I remembered all that he had said to me.

I shook my head, curling further into the bed

No, I would not be scared into staying away from Lucas Bowne.

Yes, he was the last person I should be around if I still wanted to keep that low profile of mine I had been chasing since I got here, but let's face it, none of my plans had worked well for me at all.

Besides, my mind trailed off past the occurrences of what happened in the maze, to what happened underneath the branches of the wilting tree.

I smiled to myself unable to keep the fuzzy feeling tucked inside me from spreading further.

My fingers graze my cheek when I remember the kiss, my cheeks growing warmer.

I couldn't deny that I liked being around Lucas, he was different.

The exact opposite of Harvest.

Kind, open, and thoughtful.

I slightly turned glancing over at the sleeping shadow across from my bed in disappointment. It was a shame she couldn't see what she had when it was standing 6ft 7  in front of her.

Sighing, I closed my eyes, succumbing to the spells of the night.

-----------------------

The day passed by at an alarming rate from ordinary morning classes to lunch, and then of course the classes after, good old Combat Classes.

I straightened out the folded sleeves of my combat attire, feeling the stretch in them as I bent down to do my shoes. I would take them off during training but to get to the cube I had to wear something.

"Hurry up reddy, don't want to keep Harvest waiting," Lira grunted, tying her hair up into a ponytail and then swirling it up into a bun.

Claire stretched out her suit with a few arm exercises sighing.

"I hate combat classes," she groaned, taking her bag off her bed as I did, Lira walked toward the door.

"Yeah well, without them you would be stuck in a classroom all week," she huffed.