[115.1] THE LINE (part-two)

•|•|•

"I guess this means, I have to get used to making decisions for you,"

•|•|•

"GET IN," HE hummed, a certain twinkle in his eyes underneath the direct moonlight. He watched me from the water as I looked down at him from the bank, trying to decipher what it was he was playing at.

He looked away for a moment, before recapturing my gaze, the water rolling up against his skin in small waves.

"Get in, Talanda," he repeated more firmly this time.

I pursed my lips, my eyes dipping to the water, a shiver crossing my spine. It was already freezing out here in the open.

How was I supposed to lower myself into ice-cold water, no less in my fuzzy pink bunny pajamas?

"Would you look at that," Harvest grunted stepping back into the water until he was surrounded, though his eyes never left mine, " as soon as your anger goes, another fear takes a breath," he grunted, folding his arms with a deep sigh.

"I guess this means, I have to get used to making decisions for you," he grumbled, as if that point was a burden to him.

My eyebrows arched in confusion but before I could register what it was I was saying, I felt him in my head, locking me out.

I could see myself, tossing my notebook to the side, approaching the edge of the water robotically.

My eyes were latched onto him as I got in, stuck in a trance, still fully dressed as my body was attacked by the ice-cold water, shivers rolling down my back in waves.

I waded through the water in a rigid posture, eyes strained in his until I reached him, stopping a foot away.

My body was released from his hold, and immediately my hands went up to my arms, shivering in the cool water, goosebumps littering my skin.

"It's not that cold," Harvest grunted, with a short scoff.

My eyes trailed back to him in horror, noting that his body seemed to be well adapted to the cold, not a single goosebumps, or raised hair, while my teeth were chattering, and my body doused with shivers taking their round through me.

I shot him an angry look at what he had done.

Why on earth had I believed he would honor my request to not use his dilect on me?

"Yes, I broke your little rule, " he sighed, with a slight roll of his eyes, and I looked at him like he had grown to heads.

The way he said it sounded as if he was so unaffected by it like he didn't understand the rules behind giving someone your word.

His eyes studied mine for a second, the arrogance in his eyes whisking away for a short minute, a tick in his jaw, when he saw what I hoped was the dead expression in my eyes I had conjured from the pit of my stomach, looking at him in absolute disgust.

"With the look you're throwing at me, I get the feeling you don't know the number 1 rule to a rule," he said, eyes searching mine.

When I gave him no reply or a hint of one, he prodded on,

"that rules are meant to be broken?" he hummed, searching my eyes for a reason, a hint of amusement in his eyes.

I didn't find anything funny about the statement.

Good heavens, the arrogance coming off this boy, made me feel like I was sinking once again in the waters.

When he saw that I wasn't playing along with his joke, a look of betrayal mirrored in my eyes, because I had just confirmed for certain that there was no trusting Harvest Adams.