The Return

"I have so much left to say to you."
– Unknown

...

Coral Newport went through the motions until it was time to go home. She smiled when she was supposed to. She acted confident and flirty.

She sat through the footage of her games. She didn't even flinch when she saw Reef. Or Mauve. Coral didn't feel much of anything.

The Capitol threw a grandiose celebration in honor of her fifteenth birthday, which had come around two days after her victory. She didn't care. But, she smiled gratefully and laughed along with the Capitol citizens.

...

When she wasn't putting on a show, she was clinging to Finnick and Mags. There was no more awkwardness when it came to Finnick. They completely understood each other, now.

Currently, they were on the train, finally headed back to District 4. Cora's head was resting on Finnck's shoulder as they sat on one of the couches, watching the scenery pass by them from the windows.

"What do I do now?" She asked, her voice void of the spark it used to have.

"Whatever the Snow says," the boy answered. "And, whenever you're not busy entertaining the Capitol citizens, you try your best to forget."

"Does it work? Trying to forget?"

"No," Finnick admitted. "But it's better than nothing."

...

After smiling through the District 4 welcome, Cora made it to her new home. It was right across from Finnick's and right next to Mags'. She was engulfed in a group hug by Ocean, Sean, Lyra, and Blue.

They didn't let go for a while.