They Say Time Heals

"We cannot heal when we cannot feel."
– John Bradshaw

...

"Let's go, Finn," Cora urged with a smile, grabbing the boy's hand.

"I'm going, I'm going!" Finnick shook his head at the girl's excitement.

Cora was performing at one of Xena's favorite clubs tonight. The strawberry blonde was actually looking forward to performing that night. Xena would be in the crowd, and she was paying for both Finnick and Cora's company that night.

Xena wasn't allowed to have Cora every night, but she had quickly become her most frequent buyer. So, while the District 4 girl still had to deal with the atrocities of the lifestyle Snow forced her into, there was some light in that darkness. Xena would pay for Cora and then Cora would give the money right back to her Capitol friend.

It satisfied Snow, the deal was still being upheld, and Cora was happy. Xena gave Cora friendship, which the girl was in desperate need of, and the drinks that came with Xena gave Cora an escape from her breaking mind.

The District 4 girl still didn't understand why Xena wanted to be around her, what the Capitol girl got out of this. But the pink-haired girl assured Cora that it was worth it to her. That she was getting what she wanted, whatever that was...

Cora had also been given permission to sing a song that she wrote with her new best friend. It was largely based on a friend Xena lost, someone she hadn't told Cora much about, just that they loved to party. There were also some influences from Cora's own experiences with losing Reef. It was a healing experience for both girls.

...

Coral Newport stepped up on stage in her feathery purple crop top and sparkly purple mini skirt. The crowd went wild at the sight of her, Xena too in her matching pink version of the outfit. Finnick smirked at her in his loose, sleazy looking blue suit with some feathers on the neckline and some sparkles on his pants to match the girls

"Party people of Panem! Are you ready to have some fun tonight?!" Cora greeted the crowd, turning on her new, Snow-approved party-girl image.

The crowd roared and Cora smirked. "Well then what are we waiting for?! Let's dance!"

Cora began singing and the people on the floor danced along, in their wild outfits, with drinks in their hands. The neon lights went crazy and there was glitter everywhere. After almost an hour, Cora took the microphone in her hands.

"Did you all enjoy the show tonight?"

Cheering.

"Wonderful! Well, I have one more song for you guys before I leave. Would you like to hear it?"

More cheering.

"Wow! You better be careful with all that applause, it's gonna go to my head!" Cora joked.

The crowd laughed, entranced by the young Victor.

"On a more serious note, this song is really special to me. It's a song I wrote with a very dear friend of mine about loss. So, while I'm singing, if any of you have ever lost anybody, I want you to think about them. Sound good?"

The crowd roared.

"I call this one 'Club Heaven', I hope you like it." And she began to sing.

"You always liked an afterparty, so I guess I shoulda known.
'Said we hate the paparazzi, now you're somewhere they can't go."

Cora looked at Xena, this song meant a lot to her. She only hoped she could do it justice.

"I hope you know I'm sorry, that I'm not with you right now.
'Can't pick up when you call me, can't hear it through the clouds."