PvE environment

Zones and Fields

Within MAO all Areas are classified as Zones; all Zones that are outside in an open space are referred to as a Field such as; plains, deserts, swamps; forests. All zones have a maximum level and a capped stat value. If a player Travels to a zone where their level and average stats are higher than the Max setting, their stats are evenly reduced to that value; This is implemented to help prevent veteran players from harassing newer players, and to maintain a sense of preparedness among veteran players. Despite the limitation of Level and stats players may still find that skills, Artes, and Equipment give the players an advantage in lower Level Zones.

Inside different zones monsters' levels will fall within a range. Generally, eighty percent of all monsters in a zone will be up to ten levels lower than the zone's level; the other twenty percent will be up to five levels higher than the maximum level of the Zone. Occasionally a monster will spawn in specific points on a field that are ten levels higher than the zone's level, these monsters are referred to as Field Bosses. Field Bosses are typically weaker than dungeon or story specific monsters and respawn every few hours. Field bosses will drop items higher rarity items.

----------

Dynamic Level Adjustment

All zones have a maximum level and a capped stat value (a capped stat value denotes the maximum stat a player can have in an area, if a player's stat exceeds this their stats are lowered to that maximum value). If a player Travels to a zone where their level and average stats are higher than the maximum setting, their stats are evenly reduced to that value; This is implemented to help prevent veteran players from harassing newer players, and to maintain a sense of preparedness among veteran players so that they are not invincible in lower leveled areas. Despite the adjustment of Level and stats players may still find that skills, Artes, and Equipment give the players an advantage in lower Level Zones. Players will also be adjusted to lower levels and stats when entering lower leveled quests enclosures, dungeons, raids. In PvP there are game modes that adjust the players levels and stats to be balanced.

---------------

Enclosures

Within fields players will sometimes find enclosures called Hidden Paths; these areas within a Field that are only accessible if a player has enough Insight to see them. The insight required could have a ranged value or a set value. Within a Hidden Path a player may find either; a Short cut that will be permanently unlocked, Treasure, Dungeons, or Monster Houses.

Monster Houses are non-instanced areas that contains a group of higher leveled monsters controlled by one leader. Once the player or party enters the Monster House, they will be unable to leave until either all monsters are killed, or their leader is killed.

---------------

Dynamic Action Events (DAE)

In open fields, specific areas will appear that players can join. These events grant players different rewards upon completion; rewards are usually items related to the players concordance, and money. Normal DAEs are separated into different difficulties by their level; the levels of the event are in increments of ten from level 10 to 50. Outside of the level 50 DAEs there is a rare level 100 event that requires the collective effort of multiple players to succeed in clearing the event. The types of events that appear range from:

- Defending the area from enemies for a set time

- Defeat a wave of enemies

- Defeating a field boss

- Escorting an NPC to a location

- Collect a specific amount of a dropped item.

- Claim an area from enemies